Prologue

Just a while after the 2001 Isla Sorna incident, Dr. Alan Grant waited in the hallways of the Costa Rica hospital, he crossed his arms and leaned on the wall, he stared straight forward at the wall, having flashback os the terrifying and traumatizing moments he had just witnessed way before, the raptors and the spinosaurus appeared constantly in his mind, he shook his head trying to avoid those thoughts, but he was unable, he then walked away towards a phone booth, he dialed a number and waited for the person to answer him, he sighed.

The woman replied, "Degler's residence?"

"Ellie." Alan rubbed his eyes with his finger, "I-"

"Alan!" Ellie gasped, "Oh my, are you alright? where are you?!"

"Yes, I am." Alan replied, "Right now, I'm in Costa Rica."

"I'm so glad you're alright." Ellie was relieved, "It was Mark who rescued you right?"

"Yes, Yes." Alan was a bit annoyed by mentioned Mark, "It was him..."

"Oh dear-" Ellie looked back at her kids, "Alan, I apologize- but I have to deal with the kids-"

"Oh, no, no, no." Alan laughed, "It's fine."

"Thank you." Ellie said, "Bye!"

"Bye." Alan sighed, he placed the phone back at the booth, he was about to leave, when someone called for him.

"Dr. Grant!" It was Paul Kirby, he said, "Dr. Grant!"

Alan looked at him, "Mr. Kirby."

"You're leaving?" Paul was ashamed of himself slightly.

"Yes." Alan replied coldly.

"You can't, I-I-I have to pay you first-" Paul tried to find his wallet.

"Paul, you don't have to."

"But-" 

"But what?" Alan stopped paul before he could do anything, "You don't have to pay me, we survived that's already a great payment."

"Oh." Paul blinked.

"So long Mr. Kirby." Alan tipped his hat, "Tell your family I said goodbye."

"Wait!" Paul tried to chase him, he sighed, "Bye."

Alan walked into a bar, he sat on a corner right in front of the counter, he removed his hat and asked for a drink, he waited for someone to join him, a tall person came in, it was Dr. Malcolm

"Dr. Malcolm." Alan greeted his old friend.

"Dr. Grant." Malcolm replied, sitting beside his old friend.

Alan sipped his drink looking at Ian with an uncertain look.

Ian cleared his throat, and asked, "So how was it?"

"Pretty much like the last time." Alan glanced at Ian, "But ten times worse."

"Worse?" Ian chuckled, "Nothing new to me."

"Yeah, I heard about that." Alan commented, he finished his drink, leaning on the counter.

"So who were the newbies." Ian asked.

"By Newbies, you mean who?" Alan raised his eyebrow.

"The dinosaurs." Ian nudged Alan.

"Well..." Alan sighed, "They bred brand new ones."

"How so?" Ian nearly choked on his drink, "As in, dinosaurs who aren't in In-Gen's list."

"New species." Alan said, "Monsters."

"Oh god." Ian sighed, "I'm ready to hear anything."

"Two new ones, Spinosaurus and Ceratosaurus." Alan said, "With multiple others that already existed but with different skin patterns."

"They never learn." Ian chuckled.

"I suspect they're planning on building another park." Alan said.

Ian finished his drink, "Well if Dr. Wu' still on the block, they'll never stop."

"I believe so." Alan left money on the counter, "So long."

Ian watched Alan leave the bar, they would never see each other again for a long time.