Chapter 1

21 YEARS LATER

It was a snowy day in the mountains, in a small wooden cabin located in the middle of the woods, lived a family, the married couple Owen Grady former Jurassic World employee, and Claire Daring former park operations manager from Jurassic World, along with their adopted daughter Maisie Lockwood who is the only Lockwood left after the incident., they've been a family for exactly four years by now.

Maisie just woke up for this new day, she went downstairs to meet with her parents who sat in the kitchen, "Morning!"

"Good Morning Maisie." Claire smiled at her daughter, while she made breakfast.

"Hey, Kid." Owen leaned on the counter, he stretched, "Well, I'll get going." 

"Oh, alright then." Claire replied happily.

"Hmm." Maisie stood there watching her parents being romantic.

Owen and Claire share a romantic kiss, Owen headed outside, Maisie watched him leave she sat on the couch and turned the TV on, the news report began.

The newswoman showed up, "It's been four years since the last living dinosaurs were set loose on the mainland and spread around the globe, we still don't know the exact cause of these events, but the media and the famous group Extinction Now! blame Claire Dearing and the Dinosaur Protection Group for this, due to their intuitions and goals."

Footage of dinosaurs sightings were shown on the screen, The Rexy attack on the Drive-In, Blue the velociraptor running near a car, Two Brachiosaurus' eating near an Eco-Park, Stiggy the Stygomoloch head bumping a man inside his car, and triceratops eating near a farm, also footage of the outbreak from the Lockwood security cameras, after that footage of rioters going after Claire, Franklin, Zia, and another DPG member were shown on the screen.

"These humans who are against dinosaurs rioted in front on the Capitol Hill." Footage of Washington and the riot was shown, "But their request was unable to happen since dinosaurs are endangered animals and must be preserved."

The newswoman then paused, "Dinosaur sightings have been occurring frequently nowadays, and now we'll meet a farmer and her kids who encountered a dinosaur."

The newswoman approached the farmer, "Good Morning Ma'am, can you please explain what happened here?"

The Farmer nodded, "Well, first of all, I wasn't the one who saw the creature, my kids were, Alicia and Ramon were harvesting when it happened, I was busy inside the barn, when all of the sudden I hear them screaming, I run outside and find them hugging each other and crying, while I don't have any footage of the creature, I found its footprint, my kids can describe it."

Alicia spoke first, "It was like 6 feet tall, and it was very bird-like."

Ramon spoke after her, "But most importantly, it was blue."

"That's pretty much everything." The farmer said.

The newsowman continued back at the studio, "That creature might be a-"

Claire grabbed the remote control and turned it off, "Enough of news for today."

Maisie slightly glared at Claire, "Okay?..."

"Why don't you go outside and help your father?" Claire nodded, Maisie was still very confused.

"Sure." Maisie got up grabbed her coat, she opened the door and saw Owen building a garage for the family vehicles, she headed towards him.

Owen hammered a nail, he noticed Maisie approaching.

"Hey, need any help?" Maisie stood behind him.

Owen turned around, "No, Not really." Owen continued to hammer it.

"Dad?" Maisie looked down.

"Yeah?" Owen looked back at her.

"Do you ever think we'll see Blue again?" Maisie asked.

Owen's eyes widened, he dropped the hammer, "I-I." he sighed and climbed down the ladder, "No, I don't think so, but she's surviving on her own, and I'm glad she is."

Maisie hugged Owen, Owen hugged her back.

"Breakfast's ready!" Claire called for them.

"Finally, I'm starving." Owen closed the tool box, along with his daughter headed back to the cabin laughing on happiness.