Chapter 23

Claire, Gabriel, and Audrey journeyed the jungle, Claire flapped her hands around spooking mosquitoes away, "Stupid bugs." she hits her face on a plant.

"You alright Claire?" Audrey tried to help her.

"Yes, Yes." Claire replied, going back to her normal position, "Don't mind me."

"Should we call them to check if they found anything?" Gabriel asked as he held the walkie-talkie.

Claire nodded, "Owen? Owen? do you copy?"

Owen's walkie-talkie was on the ground, all they heard was Zane Maxin being eaten, they all gasped in shock.

"Oh no." Claire dropped to her knees, she teared up, "No! No!"

Gabriel and Audrey looked down in sadness.

Claire got back up, "We can't give up yet." she wiped her tears, "We'll find my daughter, and get out of this place."

"Arent you sad about your husband?" Gabriel asked.

"That wasn't Owen, I know it wasn't," Claire answered, she just knew it wasn't him, she dropped the walkie-talkie.

The Giganotosaurus was nearby, they hear its roar.

"We better get going then-" Audrey said.

They rushed out of the woods, they begin to notice footsteps coming towards them, they jump to the ground, when suddenly then Giganotosaurus showed up, they all screamed in fear.

"Scatter!" Claire yelled, the three scattered around, Claire gets up, she throws a rock at the Giga's head "Hey right here!"

The Giga roared at Claire, she covered her ears with how loud it was, she was ready to run, and she did, The creature chased her around the clearing.

Claire ended up in a stampede, there were ankylosauruses', parasaurolophuses', gallimimuses' and a single stygimoloch, she screamed, the Giganotosaurus gets distracted by a parasaurolophus and kills it, Claire manages to get out of the stampede before she was crushed by any of those dinosaurs, the stygimoloch snorted and tried to attack Claire.

Claire sighed in relief, she wiped her forehead, "Okay, okay, I'm on my own."

Claire walked through the jungle cautiously, she paid attention to every detail, a group of compies showed up, she jumped a bit, but they actually ran away from her, She did not find that behavior normal, so she continued to go straight forward, Claire found herself in front of a basement type of building, she tried to unlock the door but was unable, she kicked it open, the only light in there was from the sunlight, there was only one jeep left.

Dodgson came from behind he saw Claire, "You gotta be shitting me."

He ran towards the entrance, pushed Claire, and tried to get inside the jeep.

"Hey!" Claire shouted.

Suddenly the giganotosaurus found them, Claire gasped in fear, Dodgson looked back, the giganotosaurus is able to destroy the structure, both Claire and Dodgson hide under the jeep, the giganotosaurus stalked them around the basement, Dodgson glared at Claire, the giganotosaurus sniffed them, Dodgson whimpered in fear when he suddenly tried to push Claire, she resisted, Claire accidentally pushes Dodgson from under the jeep, he tried to crawl back, but something got his feet, the giganotosaurus had found him, Claire gasped in shock, the giganotosaurus threw Dodgson at the wall, ripping him apart, eating his legs first, later the top, Claire watched in horror.

The giganotosaurus wasn't done yet, it flipped the jeep, Claire covered her head, she gets up and decides to run from the enormous creature, she jumped to the other level of floor hurting herself in the process, the giganotosaurus wasn't able to get down, it turned around and chose another path to follow Claire, Claire limped she leaned onto something, "Where is every one..." she asked herself, she panted.

Suddenly the Giganotosaurus was standing right in front of here, she sat down, and gave up, she hugged herself and whimpered in fear, she accepted her fate.