Chapter 6

In the next day, Maisie had woken up with a decision, if she was actually doing that, there would be no way going back, she packed up all her stuff and shoved all of it inside of a backpack, she wore a coat, a beanie and winter jeans, she escaped through the window, she still had her climbing skills, she slid down the roof and landed on the snow, she ran towards the bike, she brought it out of the balcony, she carried it along with her, at the edge of the road, she was about to get up in the bike.

 She looked back at her house, but she had made her decision, "No." she was really leaving, she rode down the mountain, wiping the tears off her face.

Owen looked around the house, "Claire? have you seen my laptop?"

"No, I don't think I did." Claire thought for a second, "Oh, Maisie has it."

"You think it's time?" Owen asked.

"Yeah, possibly." Claire nodded.

They headed towards Maisie's room.

Owen knocked on the door, "Hey? kid, you alright?"

"She locked it." Claire tried to open it, "Maisie? Sweetie?!"

"I'll take it down." Owen cracked his knuckles, "Back off."

Owen kicked the door open, Claire gasped, Maisie was gone.

"Where-" Claire stammered, "What? her clothes-"

Owen checked every detail, "The window."

"Oh my god somebody took her..." Claire was already sobbing.

Owen shook his head, "No." he said, "She ran away."

"What?!" Claire was crying for real now, "That's not possible why-"

"Because of our fight." Owen pointed at the spot where the bike was kept, "She took the bike."

They rushed outside, Owen bowed down he found a trail, "The bike made a trail, get the keys."

Claire agreed, she ran back inside to get it.

"Maisie..." Owen sighed.

Maisie rushed down the mountain, she was speeding up way too much, when she suddenly tripped, she rolled down a small hill, she wiped the snow off herself, she witnesses an abandoned school bus, crashed in between trees, she looked at it confusedly, a couple of Microceratus' hop out of it, Maisie screamed, the small dinosaurs scattered before she could react.

"Microceartus'" Maisie laughed, "Why did I get scared of those things."

Maisie found her bike, she grabbed it again, she continued her journey all by herself, she finally reaches a flat terrain, she was relieved, she gets down from her bike and goes to the alleys where was no snow and no one could find her, or be found by Owen and Claire.

Owen and Claire reach the location where Maisie tripped.

Claire rushed out of the car, "She fell!"

"Look around!" Owen shouted.

Claire then ran down the hill, she looked around the abandoned school bus, "This is the bus, that was attacked by the triceratops." she sighed, "No sign of her here." One microceratus corpse laid inside of the bus, suddenly one compy hopped in front of Claire, she screamed in fear "We gotta go!"

"Found another trail!" Owen shouted.

"Oh great!" Claire rushed back to the car.

The Compies aren't able to catch them, they hop in fear and head back to the woods, Owen and claire continue their journey to find their daughter.