Chapter 16

Owen and the others were about to head back to the plane when suddenly they hear screams coming from the docks.

Owen turned around, "Hm?"

"Owen?" Claire noticed her husband walking away from the rest of the group, "Where are you going?"

"Something's off." He replied, Owen was heading to the docks, Barry and rangers were there boarding a boat.

"What's going on?" Owen asked as he stood beside Barry.

"They're trying to contain the plesiosaurus." Barry replied as he entered the motorboat.

"And how are they planning on doing that?" Owen stared.

"I don't know, would you like to join us?" Barry leaned on the seat.

"Well yeah." Owen hopped on the motorboat.

"Owen!" Claire rushed to them, "What about Maisie?"

"Uh-" Owen was about to get out of the boat when suddenly one poacher started it.

"No!" Claire tried to reach for him, Audrey and Kayla stopped her.

Owen punched the seat, "Goddammit!"

Barry tried to warn the driver, "Turn around now."

"I cant." The pilot replied.

Barry argued, "Why not."

"Because we're already far from the land, and we are near the creature." The man explained, slightly annoyed at Barry.

Something was moving under the water, they still weren't aware of what creature it could possibly be, Owen and Barry, frowned, they watched the creature swimming around their motorboat, suddenly the creature jumped up high and caught a seagull midair, it was the mosasaurus, water splashed all over them, Claire tried to see them from the mainland, she saw the creature and gasped, "The mosasaurus."

"They're dead." Audrey joked about it, everyone looked at her with an angry expression.

"Go back now!" Barry yelled at the driver.

"Okay fine!" He replied.

The mosasaurus continued to follow them, she was ready to open their mouth and eat all of them at once.

"She is going to eat us!" One of the poachers shouted, in despair, he pushed one of his colleagues into her mouth, the mosasaurus ate the man gratefully, she was suddenly joined by the plesiosaurus, she tried to eat the human as well, but the mosasaurus wouldn't allow it.

"You son of a bi-" Owen punched the man who pushed his colleague, suddenly the plesiosaurus snatched him from the boat and ate him, he screamed in pain, as he was drowned and eaten.

"Go faster now!" Barry shouted, he sat beside the driver.

The two sea creatures followed the boat side by side.

"We need to distract them." Owen looked around for a solution.

The plesiosaurus tried to snatch Barry, it succeded, but Owen held his hand, "Come on!"

Barry screamed, Owen pulled him up, and said, "Your leg..."

"It's fine, we just need to go." Barry looked at his bleeding leg and covered it with his sock.

The mosasaurus was about to eat them from under the boat, Owen noticed it, he then yelled "Jump!"

Owen and Barry jump at the water, the driver was stuck in his seat, the mosasaurus ate him, with her classic pose, the plesiosaurus tried to snatch it as well, Owen and Barry swim to try to swim back to the land but are unable because Owen has to carry Barry, the plesiosaurus swims towards them ready to eat them, when suddenly the mosasaurus ate her, stopping it from killing Owen and Barry, they make it to the docks, Gabriel and Claire help them back up.

They watch the mosasaurs leave back to the deep ocean.

"Thank you Owen." Barry gritted his teeth,

"No problem, are you coming with us?" Owen asked.

"No, I must stay here and stop them from capturing the dinosaurs." Barry explained as he tried to walk, "Good luck finding your daughter."

"Thank you." Claire shook Barry's hand.

They go back to the small plane, and their next location was Isla Sorna.