Chapter 7

Maisie wondered around the small snowy town, she was delighted by every sight, but still very serious, she sneaks into an alley, she found herself in a construction site, many Millworkers were there fixing a building that was destroyed by a dinosaur, she held her bicycle close.

"Hey!"  A Millworker called her.

She turned around, and looked at him, "Hm?"

"Look out little girl, dinosaurs wander around here." The Millworker mocked a dinosaur, "Roar!" he laughed and ignored Maisie after that.

Maisie glared at him, and eye-rolled, she was about to leave when suddenly noticed large footsteps noises, she stood in the same place, she was excited and scared at the same time, it was the first time she was going to see one of those in years, she remained silent, a triumphant call could be heard, it was a magnificent Apatosaurus, Maisie and other Millworkers watched it walk across the street gracefully, the Apatosaurus raised its front legs and landed back on the ground making it shake, Maisie holds herself in place and laughs a little.

The Apatosaurus crossed the street, heading towards a partly snowy forest, it swung its tail, Maisie smiled at it, she could still see its head at the trees, she smiled, she then noticed the animal was dying due to the cold of the winter, "It was dying?..." she looked at the floor and noticed blood she yelped and ran away from the construction site, avoiding stepping on the apatosaurus footsteps, she finally found a save spot, she was suddenly faced by an unknown face.

"I long waited for this moment." The unknown man said, he looked like some kind of hunter.

Maisie tried to walk past him, he blocked her path, "Not so fast Lockwood."

Maisie's eyes widened, "Who are you?! and how do you know my surname?!"

"My name is Zane Maxin, and you are Maisie Lockwood, Ben Lockwood's cloned daughter, am I right?" Zane teased the teen.

"What do you want with me!" Maisie asked aggressively.

"Oh." Zane laughed, "It's not what I want, it's what they want." Zane pointed at a 'Biosyn' logo printed on the truck behind him.

"They won't have what they want." Maisie turned around and walked in the opposite direction.

Suddenly two dinosaurs Maisie never saw in her life before blocked her path, two pyroraptors in leashes, "Huh?"

"Yeah, that's right, they're like dog guards, like it?" Zane laughed sarcastically, he went closer.

Maisie dropped her bike and tried to run past them again, one of the pyroraptors jumped at her backpack and caatcged it, Maisie lets go of it, and is able to run, Th pyroraptors growl, they run after her, one of them bites Maisie's hand, Maisie falls to the ground, she screamed in pain, "Gah!"

"Get over it kid." Zane laughed again, "You can't run away from us."

Maisie looked at her hand, which was now bleeding, "Leave me alone."

Zane eye-rolled, "Good God, cuff her."

Two poachers handcuffed Maisie, she struggled to escape, Zane then said, "Put her inside the truck."

The poachers throw Maisie inside the truck, Zane then grabbed his communicator "Cruthers, I got the girl, tell boss."

"Affirmative." Cruthers replied, ending the call right after.

"Let's move!" Zane shouted, the poachers get inside the Biosyn trucks and headed back to base.

Owen and Claire arrived some minutes after Maisie was kidnapped.

Claire called for Maisie, "Maisie?! Maisie?!" she found the Millworker and asked, "Have you seen a teenage girl about this tall, with a bike."

"Well, yeah." The Millworker nodded, "She watched the long neck die and hid at that alley."

Claire ran towards the alley, Owen thanked the Millworker, "Thank You." he then followed Claire.

Claire and Owen search for her, "I can't find her." Claire cried, she then saw the bike, "Owen!"

"She cant be far." Owen followed the path, he gasped, "Her backpack."

Claire followed him, "Owen." Claire whimpered.

"What?" Owen looked back at Claire.

Claire pointed at Maisie's blood on the snow.

"No." Owen couldn't believe it.

"Wait..." Claire gasped, she found a sticker on the ground, she picked it up, she read the words printed on it, "Biosyn."

"What?" Owen asked.

"They got her." Claire walked back and forth, "Franklin and Zia gave us the location to their base."

"Right." Owen looked at Claire and nodded.

They get inside the car and set out to find the kidnapped daughter.