Chapter 2

Meanwhile, in Montana, it was the hottest day ever, in a dig site, multiple paleontologists and volunteers dug to find fossils and stuff but were unable since it was pretty hard, Dr. Grant the famous paleontologist sat beside his partner Dr. Ellie Sattler a famous paleobotanist, they waited for something new to happen since nothing was showing up at all in their dig site.

Dr. Grant played with his hat, he gazed at his friend and said, "Honestly I hate surprises."

"Depending on the context." Dr. Sattler replied as she analyzed some plants.

Dr. Grant looked at the entrance, where he noticed someone was coming.

"Dr. Grant! Dr. Sattler!" The young volunteer rushed inside with great news, "We found something!"

Alan got up, he grinned, "Finally."

Ellie wore her hat, and offered her hand to Alan, "Shall we?"

"Yes." Alan replied.

They both walked out of the tent where they were in, they followed the volunteer.

"Come on Gabriel, this has to be something good." Alan doubted Gabriel's discovery.

"It's not good." Gabriel paused, "It's great."

Alan and Ellie looked at each other and let out a single smirk, they followed Gabriel to a rocky area, that led into a cave, all volunteers gathered around that very same area.

"Look, we found this-" Gabriel revealed a fossil sticking on the wall.

Alan's jaw dropped, he stammered "I-I was not expecting this."

"And you said we shouldn't look at the caves." A volunteer named Darryl said, crossing his arms and glaring at the two professionals.

"What did we say about respecting your colleagues?" Ellie directed, then ignoring Darryl.

Alan touched the fossil, "Wow, I haven't seen such a thing ever since-"

"Yeah, me too." Ellie stood beside him.

"What species is it?" A young woman asked.

"I'm not quite sure." Alan looked at it "Yet."

Gabriel studied it, "A Giganotosaurus?"

"A juvenille perhaps?" Ellie suggested.

"No, it does look like one, but it isn't a Giga." Alan said, he continued, "Giga's are usually found in Argentina ."

Gabriel blinked, "Oh."

"Then what is it?" Darryl asked.

"It's a therapod right?" Ellie guessed.

"Yes, it is a therapod." Alan walked around analyzing it, "It looks like a Giga because of its snout, but it isn't, the reason why its snout looks like that, it's still yet to be found, but I can assure you all that it is a T-Rex."

"How so?" Gabriel asked, taking notes.

"Why is it so small?" Darryl added, glaring at Alan.

"Because it's not fully grown yet, it is a sub-adult, just analyze it with more attention and you'll notice it." Alan concluded.

"Hmph." Darryl eye-rolled, he walked away as soon as possible.

"Well, cover it we don't want something happening to it do we?" Alan said.

A group of volunteers grabbed a cover, and covered the fossil on the rock, while Alan and Ellie walked away.

"Why were you that harsh?" Ellie questioned, as she removed her hat.

"Because I'm stressed out." Alan replied, he squeezed his hands.

"And why is that?" Ellie coaxed as she stared at him.

"Because of you know what, that information..." Alan answered.

"Right, don't worry about it, Gabriel was handling that for you? remember? you don't have to be involved with electronic devices." Ellie tried to comfort him.

"Right." Alan inhaled and exhaled, he calmed down.

"Dr. Grant, I found the location." Gabriel rushed out of the computer tent.

"What?" Alan grinned, he then cheered.

"Pack your stuff kid, we're leaving." Ellie smiled, she headed towards her tent.

"Oh?" Gabriel was confused but he still went along with them.

They all had packed their stuff to leave, they get inside their car and rush out of the dig site, to whatever they were young too.

Darryl looked back at them, he stood up and isolated himself from the other volunteers, he grabbed a phone and said, "Tell boss, they already left."