Chapter 3

Maisie watched videos of Owen training Blue on the laptop, when she noticed Owen and Claire were about to leave, she then asked, "Where are you going?"

"Oh, right." Claire wore her coat, "We're heading to town, Franklin and Zia need to talk to us."

"It's very important." Owen added.

Maisie closed the laptop, she got up excitedly, "Can I go with you?"

Claire sighed, "No..."

Owen placed his hand on Maisie's shoulder, "Sorry Kid, but it's for your own safety, okay?"

Maisie raised her eyebrow, "Okay?" she sat back on the couch and opened the laptop again.

Owen and Claire wave at her and get inside the car, they leave the property, Maisie watched them leave peeking through the window.

In the city of San Fransico, Zia Rodriguez a DPG member and a Paleo-Veterinarian sat at a table waiting for the others.

Franklin Webb also a member from the DPG and a system analyst, walked towards the table.

"Finally, where were, you?" Zia said slightly annoyed.

Franklin sat beside her, "There's something called traffic you know that."

"Yeah." Zia eye-rolled.

"Where are the others?" Franklin looked around confusedly.

After hours of driving, Claire and Owen made it to San Fransico, "Here." Claire smiled.

"Owen, Claire!" Zia grinned, she greeted them, "It is been a long time."

"Yeah, it sure did." Owen sat next to Claire.

Claire held her hands together, then asked, "Okay so what is the news, good, bad or terrible?"

Zia and Franklin looked at each other and sighed.

"It's quite complicated." Franklin said, "Remember that rival company?"

"BioSyn?" Claire asked.

"Yeah, that one." Franklin paused, "Their CEO Lewis Dodgson, is pulling up a false persona to trick people into believing he's doing something good."

"He wants to domesticate the dinosaurs and sell them illegally on the black market." Zia added, she had a concerned face.

"And the worst part is that they're hosting another auction."  Franklin said.

Claire eyes-widened, "Excuse me? can you please repeat that?"

"Yeah, another auction, Biosyn has been behind everything." Zia explained, "Owen, remember that guy Hoskins? even he, Mills as well, he worked for Biosyn so did Dr. Wu, but he died at the explosion."

Owen shook his head, "They never learn."

"The auction will take place in Europe, In the island of Malta." Franklin showed them a paper with all that information, "We sent a spy to get more information there."

"Who is the spy?" Claire asked.

"Audrey, she joined the group three years ago." Zia flipped the page and showed an image of Audrey.

"Oh, yes, I remember her." Claire smirked.

Zia stood up, "If you excuse me." she walked away to get the drinks she ordered.

"Is there anything else?" Claire asked she was still shocked.

"Yes." Franklin cleared his throat, "They hired someone to train dinosaurs, we just don't know who that is and what species it is referring to."

"Where did you find all this?" Owen asked.

"We managed to hack one of their servers, but the access was blocked right after." Franklin explained.

"We should get going." Claire stated.

"She's right." Owen got up as well.

"Good luck." Franklin tipped his beret.

Zia sat beside Franklin with the drinks, "Goodbye, Claire."

Owen and Claire headed back to their car shoulder hugging each other.