14. Identities

This chapter is just a huge fuck you to J.K. Rowling 🤪😉

YALL I WENT TO BARNES AND NOBLE TODAY AND BOUGHT LUNAS SPECTRESPECS AND I BOUGHT MY COUSIN A HERMIONE FUNKO!! 😁😁

You and Melina head to your first class of the day, care of magical creatures. She's in the year below you and it was her first day of that class. You could tell she was nervous.

The professor was Hagrid, a professor you were very fond of.

You went to the class. Luckily Harry, Neville, Luna, and Ron were all in the class as well.

Hagrid started taking attendance.

"Y/N?"

"Here!"

"Ronald?"

"Here."

"Harry?"

"Here, Hagrid."

"Luna?"

"I'm here, professor Hagrid. Hello."

"Micheal?"

The room went silent.

"I'm here. And um, It's actually Melina. Please, don't, refer to me as Micheal, sir. " She gulped shyly.

"Oh. I deeply apologize there." He crossed out 'Micheal' on the board and wrote 'Melina' down in place.

You decided not to ask, not wanting to invade her privacy.

The class went on, you were introduced to Nargles, which Luna was already very familiar with.

~after class~

You, Melina, Luna, and Ron were walking in the halls in silence. Ron stood next to you, holding your hand. Next to you was Mel and next to Mel was Luna.

After a while, Luna broke the silence. "Melina, are you alright? You seemed deeply upset."

"Um," she started to tear up. "I should've told you sooner, but i am transgender." She started crying, "I-"

"Look, Mel, if it's a hard subject for you, you don't have to talk about it." You interrupted, patting her on the back.

"No, I wanna talk about it. So, I was born a male. I am now a female. It's simple as that. Not very hard to understand." She turned red. "Michael is my dead name, that's why I got so upset when Hagrid said it."

"What's a dead name?" Ron questioned.

"It's my name i was given at birth. I no longer use it, hence why people call me Mel." 

"Well, we're here for you, Mel." Ron gave a warm smile to her.

"Yeah, if you ever need us, we're here. Always." You hugged her and kept walking.

"I think it's quite beautiful." Luna said in her delicate voice.

Melina wiped her tears and thanked you all for being so understanding and supportive. You all parted ways, except Ron, who stuck with you.