Chapter 6: Awakening of a Hero

Link made it back to the spot in the Faron Woods where Beedle was
"You got the Energetic Rhino Beetle!" Beedle squealed with excitement "I can't believe it! I knew my Bug-Catching Net would do the trick!"

"Yeah" Aryll said as she ran over and hugged Link

"Actually" Link said as he opened the bottle and placed the beetle in Beedle's backpack "Someone gave it to me. I didn't even have to use the net!"

"Oh" Beedle said "Well, if at any time you want to go bug catching with that net, catch one and bring it back to me for good money! Oh, almost forgot! Here's your Red Rupee!"

Link took the Red Rupee that was worth the twenty rupees Beedle had promised.

"Where do I put the Rupees?" Link asked

"Take this to store your money" Beedle handed Link a large leather wallet.

Link put the Rupee in the wallet, and put the wallet in his pouch

"What about the information on the Spring of Courage you promised?" Link asked Beedle

"They say there is a holy Dragon of Thunder that flies over Lake Hylia and Lake Floria" Beedle told Link "Lake Floria is closest to here and still in Jungle. You can get there by following the Floria Falls and Floria River"

"What does Lake Floria and a Thunder Dragon have to do with the Spring?" Link asked

"They say there are three dragons and three springs in Hyrule which are connected" Beedle said "A holy spring in the forest and a holy dragon in the forest ought to be connected"

Beedle got up, hoisted up his Beetle-Shaped Backpack, and walked off.

As they rode toward Lake Floria by following the river on Epona, Link told Aryll about his adventure to the Forest Temple and Kokiri Forest.

Link showed his younger sister what he obtained: Navi, the Pendant of Courage, and the Candle he got.

"Cool!" Aryll said "This is really exciting! I wonder if this mysterious dragon really is real!"

"I hope so" Link said

They arrived at the vast Lake Floria, and walked on the sturdy wooden bridge called Floria Bridge, and it was covered in moss.

A Green Lizalfos rushed forward at incredible speed.

Link knocked the Green Lizalfos into the lake with the Ordon Sword.

"Good Job!" Navi congratulated

"Hello there" an old man with a long white beard and brown robes said as he came from a nearby cliff by use of a paraglider. He had a hood concealing his face.

"Who are you?" Link asked

"I'm just an Old Man" the Old Man said

Link turned to see a fantastic and huge neon dragon that was kind of like a snake, fly into the lake, and then come out, going under and over the bridge.

"I suggest you obtain one of Farosh's Scales" the Old Man said "With an arrow. Farosh is the holy dragon representing the Goddess Farore and the Faron Region, so one of its scales could be good"

"Okay" Link said as he dodged a sphere of Electricity that radiated from Farosh "But how do I obtain a Bow and Arrow? I have a quiver, but no arrows or bows!"

The Old Man stepped back into the shadows as yet another Green Lizalfos approached, with a Lizal Bow and Regular Arrows

Link ran to the Lizalfos to destroy it, and obtained a Lizalfos Horn, a Lizalfos Talon, a few Arrows, and a Lizal Bow.

Yes! Now I have a bow and arrow!

Link put all of the arrows except one in his quiver, stringing one to the Lizal Bow.

He aimed for the body of Farosh, who was about to fly away to the sky, and let go.

As the arrow hit Farosh's body there was a glowing light, and a magical scale fell to the bridge, and Link scooped it into his pouch

"Wow!" Aryll said, amazed "One of Farosh's scales!"

"Maybe try placing it in the Spring of Courage's waters" Navi suggested

"Good idea, Navi" Link said as he and Aryll began riding Epona back through the woods "Let's do that"

They reached the Zonai Ruins, and followed the stream off the Floria River until they came upon the Spring of Courage a second time.

Link reached into his pouch, grabbed the Scale of Farosh, and placed it in the sacred waters as Navi suggested.

The scale and the waters instantly started glowing, and so did the Goddess Statue

"You have shown your Courage and faced trial after trial" the statue spoke as its eyes lit up in a golden light "You are the Hero of Hyrule, and you must save this land from destruction. You must end the relentless chaos. Go the great Lake Hylia and find the Green Tunic worn by the true hero"

The Statue did not tell Link that he was more than just the next hero, and became silent

"I-I'm the Hero of Hyrule?"

Link pointed a finger at himself, and a million thoughts poured into his head at once

"Yeah Big Brother!" Aryll said "This is awesome!"

"Better head off to Lake Hylia for that tunic the statue spoke of" Navi reminded Link, and they took a different path through Faron Woods.

Link stared out in amazement once they left the forests and came to the vast Faron Grasslands, where monsters roamed and travelers hiked through the yellow plains

"Amazing" Aryll gaped

Lake Hylia is nearby

They crossed the valley of the Oseria Plains and came to Lake Hylia.

"Look at that huge bridge" Link pointed to the Great Bridge of Hylia which stretched all the way across the incredibly long and vast Lake "It would take forever to cross that"

"Not on Epona" Aryll smiled

They rode Epona across the bridge, and after what seemed like forever came to a halt with the appearance of a nasty Blue Lizalfos.

Link was saved the trouble of dealing with the tough monster because Epona kicked it off the bridge and into the lake

"Thanks Epona" Link fed her an apple from his pouch, and gave one to Aryll too

"I could use some food" Link ate a carrot from his pouch, the last food item left of what they had packed

Link got off Epona

Whew! Look at that beautiful Treasure Chest!

Link opened a very interestingly designed treasure chest that sat on the bridge, and clothes were inside.

Link changed out of his Hylian Trousers into the Trousers of the Hero, which looked very similar to his old pants.

He took off the standard red Hylian Tunic, and put on the green Tunic of the Hero, a garb that looks like the Champion's Tunic Link sees in his dreams, but green instead of blue.

He then covered his bare hair with the Cap of the Hero, a green hat which he placed on his head.

"Link...." The beautiful disembodied female voice from before spoke to Link "You....must.....go....to Hyrule Field......There....:

"We have to go, Aryll" Link said to his little sister

"Okay" she replied

Linkand Aryll got up on Epona, and rode off into the distance, crossing over to theCentral Province.