Chapter 16: Search for the Blizzard Rod

"Duel you?" Link asked "I-I'm not sure"

Revali got out his legendary Great Eagle Bow that could fire three arrows at once, and readied three bomb arrows

"Hey!" Link yelled, and he got out his Knight's Broadsword and Knight's Shield

"No shield can parry the explosions of Bomb Arrows" Revali laughed "I'm gonna win this duel of strength"

Revali used his rare ability known as Revali's Gale, that fired him upward in a gust of wind, and Revali fired three arrows, obliterating three of the targets placed down on the Flight Range to show off

Link smiled, jumped up, and crushed a pot in the hut with his perfect Downthrust move to show off. Link obtained 5 rupees from the pot.

"You little-" Revali flew over to Link in rage, firing several Bomb Arrows and causing the whole Flight Range to quake

Link swung his sword at Revali, and before any of them could attack again, they noticed five Green Lizalfos and a few Blue Lizalfos heading for them.

In the lead, was a fearsome Black Lizalfos who had a Steel Lizal Bow and Ice Arrows prepared

The Ice arrows accidentally hit one of the Green Lizalfos, and it instantly froze to its doom.

"Run!" Link shouted

"No" Revali sighed "We fight back. That is the true way of a Warrior. Not to fight over strength"

Kargaroks began flying through the air toward Link, and Revali fired them all down.

Link sliced down Lizalfos, and tricked a wild Rhinoceros into running forward and smashing the skull of the Black Lizalfos.

"Well done, fellow champion" Revali smiled

"We're not champions anymore" Link replied "We're just ordinary people, who happen to have great fighting skills and a destiny to save Hyrule"

"Right" Revali nodded

Link and Revali made the quick trip around Lake Totori, and back to the Elder Kaneli.

"Revali!" Kaneli chuckled "You're here!"

"How's cousin Teba?" Revali asked

"Checking on Medli over at Dragon Roost" Kaneli said "Some funny business happening over there with Medli not coming back, or Harth"

"Where is Zelda?" Revali asked

"I'm here" Zelda stood before Revali, putting down her Sheikah Slate

"You look a lot older than when I last saw you" Revali observed "I remember when we took a photo of the Champions the Sheikah device, Impa was standing next to Dr Purah as she took the picture, and she was holding Baby Zelda"

"I have a photo of the Champions"

Link handed Revali the Bloodstained Champions Photo"

"Covered in Blood" Revali noticed "Likely the old Link's blood, as he always kept this and treasured it. Ah yes, it has me, Link, Mipha, Urbosa, and Daruk"

"Really?" Revali glanced at Link's old drawing of the champions "Surprisingly accurate"

"You know Link?" Kaneli turned to Revali

"Kind of" Revali replied "I cannot give away Link's identity. It is already enough that you know who I used to be"

"Very well" Kaneli replied "One favor of you, Revali and Link. Can you go into the Hebra Mountains and get a Blizzard Rod for me? Teba left a Snowquill Tunic for you, Link"

Link put on the Snowquill Tunic, waved at Zelda, sold the old coat for some cash, and paraglided off Revali's Landing as Revali flew off of it.

They soon after arrived in the Hebra Mountains of the Hebra Province, just beyond the Flight Range.

Mostly powerful Black monsters and unreal White-Maned Lynels roamed the Hebra, as its fierce snowy temperatures were some of the most extreme temperatures in Hyrule, right after the core of Death Mountain and the peak of the Gerudo Highlands.

"Weird" Link stared up at the odd shape of Hebra Peak, where something had made a hole in its side long ago.

"Shield surfing lessons!" a woman wrapped in warm clothing called out from her hut

"Shield surfing?" Link went up and asked her "What's that?"

"Surfing with your shield! Draw out your Shield the same time as you jump forward!"

Link did this, and found himself surfing on his shield right down the snowy path from Hebra Peak.

They landed in a dark tundra of snow, where a gleaming mountain stood above the ruins of a mansion, and a sign red "Snowpeak Mountain. Beware"

Link sensed an eerie presence in the area, even after Revali spotted the Blizzrobe.

It was a Wizzrobe, those pesky magical wizard monsters with wand beams and teleportation. Wizzrobes usually had powers based on one of the three elements, fire, ice, and electricity.

Ice Wizzrobes that were upgraded and stronger were called Blizzrobes.

The Blizzrobe was surprise attacked, and Revali fired several Bomb Arrows, knocking the magic monster to its knees on the snowy ground.

It got up, and waved its wand, summoning a beam of ice.

Link dodged the freezing ice, and drew his Knight's Broadsword.

The Shield-Surfing Lady came surfing down through the snow out of nowhere, and along the way she crashed past the Blizzrobe, knocking it down again.

Link stunned it with his Boomerang, and Revali used his Bomb Arrows for the finishing blow.

The Blizzrobe's body exploded in purple fume, and Link grabbed the Blizzard Rod left over, a stronger variant of the Ice Rod.

Thetwo warriors returned to Rito Village, and entered Kaneli's Hut.