Chapter 26: Meet the Zora

The group left Hyrule Castle, grabbing Epona on their way out of Castle Town.

Zelda, Urbosa, and Terrako left to recruit Ilia, Revali, and Midna, while Link headed east to find the Zora and Goron Champions.

First, I'll go to Lanayru Province Link thought I'd rather splash in the water than feel lava burn my skin off

Link was just north of Necluda and south of Akkala, and he reached a patch of grass covered in a very shallow layer of water, with small islands in the water.

This area was known as the Lanayru Wetlands, and within it was a small settlement of Hylian villagers known as Goponga Village.

"B-Be careful" a villager called to Link as Epona trotted by "G-G-G-G"

Huh? Epona rode away from Goponga Village, and Link didn't know what the villager was so afraid of.

He soon found out.

A intimidating Guardian Stalker was crawling around the wetlands, searching for any signs of life to destroy.

Epona began trotting away from it, but Link coughed and the corrupted machine's eye turned to face Link.

It lit up with purple malice, and a red target appeared by Link.

Epona dashed away just as the laser beam fired out of the Guardian's eye, and luckily it destroyed a tree instead of Link.

Epona was frightened and she dashed through the wetlands, eventually coming to a path that followed the Zora's River.

"Well, this is unfortunate" Link said to his horse as the reached a large boulder "I guess you have to stay here Epona"

Link waved at Epona, climbed over the boulder, and continued walking along the Zora's River as he headed deeper and deeper into the Lanayru Province

I wonder what Zora are like Link thought I wonder if that red person in my Champions Photo is one, I mean it kinda looks like one.

Link only knew about Zoras after seeing that family in Gatepost Town. Before then he only knew about Gerudo and Gorons, because both had visited Ordon Woods at one point.

Link had never seen a Rito until he met Kass.

Along the Zora's River, Link heard a voice calling to him.

"Hello?" Link called out "Anybody there? I've got a Royal Broadsword and I'm not afraid to use it!"

A very tall man with fins and red scales jumped out of the water, and stood before Link, his shadow overlooking the Hero.

The man wore Royal Zora gems, silver armor around his waist, and not much clothing as his red and white scales were visible across most of his body

"Who are you?" Link asked 

"I am Prince Sidon, of the Zora!" the man replied, putting his trident weapons away "Who are you?"

"Hero of Hyrule, Link!" Link replied "I'm looking for some kind of Zora settlement in this area?"

"Link?" Sidon replied "Sounds familiar.... Anyways, Zora's Domain is just up ahead, near the source of Zora's River, Zora's Fountain!"

"Well, Prince Sidon, can you guide me there?"

"Sure!" Sidon smiled "I'm always glad to help a traveler in need! Of course, we don't get travelers anymore, due to the tension with- Ah, let's go!"

Sidon grabbed Link by the shoulder, dove into the water, and dragged Link with him as he swam through the river at high speed, since the Zora were made for swimming.