Chapter 43: The Fallen Kingdom

Link walked the dark grasses of Hyrule Field in search of some signs of life.

Before the Heroes of Hyrule had been defeated by Ganondorf in battle, Ganondorf had already been taking innocent people and executing them at Akkala Parade Ground, but Link had a feeling that things were even worse under the Iron Fist of Emperor Ganondorf's Tyrannical Rule.

This is all my fault Link thought in his head Therefore it is my mess to clean up

"Indeed it is" the Hylian Champion's spoke to Link "Will you carry on the legacy of the Hero and save the world?"

"Yes" Link replied "But first I need to find somebody who can give me an update"

Link scanned around, and a traveler came into view

"Hey" Link recognized the traveler "Hoz! How are you my man!"

Hoz was wearing some kind of labor outfit, and he stumbled across the ground as if he was deeply traumatized.

"What happened to Error?" Link asked

"D-Dead" Hoz mumbled "T-They c-cut off his h-head in front of m-me"

"Oh I am so sorry man" Link patted Hoz on the back "I need some information"

"Emperor Ganondorf rules as far as the eye can see" Hoz mumbled "Hyrule, Argia, Lorule, Termina, the Dark World, the Twilight Realm, Koholint Island, Labrynna, Holodrum, Gamelon, Koridai, Tolemac, and Hytopia all belong to him"

"Aw shucks" Link said "The entire world then?"

"Yes" Hoz replied "Emperor Ganondorf burns all small villages, including my home of Mabe Village. The bigger towns and cities are his slave labor centers, and Castle Town and Hyrule Castle are his fortress 'Ganon's Castle' that one cannot escape from"

"Oh okay" Link said to Hoz "You go on with your day"

"There is no day" Hoz mumbled "Only night. The sun does not rise, only the Blood Moon rules the crimson sky"

"Oh well" Link walked away from Hoz, who punched himself in the face and fell to the ground, before a Stalmoblin rose out of the ground and began eating him

"Gross!" Link yelped as the Stalmoblin ate Hoz "I'm outta here!"

Link looked around, and decided to head north to Castle Town, which was apparently now part of an inescapable fortress

He had no idea as to the whereabouts of his friends, his sister, or his horse Epona.

Just outside of the giant black wall in front of Castle Town, a middle-aged man who struggling to walk along the grass.

Link ran up to the man, and saw that it was a familiar face

"Rusl!" Link exclaimed "Boy am I glad to see you! Where is everyone else?"

"Hello there boy" Rusl said "I see you are still alive... The others I'm afraid I don't know. Midna, Ilia, and the former champions were taken away by Ganondorf himself. Mayor Bo, Ashei, Telma, and I were taken to Akkala Parade Ground and the rest I do not know"

"Okay" Link said "It appears you escaped the executions, what about Mayor Bo, Ashei, and Telma?"

"I-" Rusl said, revealing his blood covered hands "I had no choice"

"What are you talking about, Rusl?" Link said

"I'm sorry, kid" Rusl shed a tear "Emperor Ganondorf put us in a tournament where the last survivor got to walk free.... I had no choice kid. Nobody else would fight and the Emperor was threatening to let the Dodongos loose. I had to kill them all"

"You what?" Link asked "Are you saying you killed them?"

"I'M SORRY!" Rusl yelled "I HAD TO DO IT FOR MY OWN LIFE! RIGHT NOW IT IS KILL OR BE KILLED!"

Rusl got his Wooden Sword, and prepared to cut down Link.

But of course he was no match for the speed of the expert Hero, and Rusl was stabbed in the gut two seconds later.

"I'm.....sorry" Rusl coughed as he slowly died "I...hope...there is.....still time...to.....save the others...."

Rusl stopped breathing.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" Link yelled out to the world "NO MORE LIVES WILL BE TAKEN, NOT ON MY WATCH!"

"That hero will be dead soon enough" Ganondorf observed from the highest tower of Hyrule Castle "And then the world will be an Empire of Evil for all eternity"

"No" Astor whispered to himself self in the shadows as Harbinger Ganon crawled around him "I have seen the future, and Hyrule will be covered in malice under my rule"

"I heard that dear minion" Ganondorf said "Your pathetic prophecies aren't helping anyone, so I don't really need you. Say one more sentence about overthrowing me and you will be cursed to suffer extreme pain until the end of time after I get the complete Triforce"

"Sorry my lord" Astor bowed, and he retreated into the shadows with the Harbinger.

"The Seven Sages: Ilia, Midna, Mipha, Daruk, Revali, Urbosa, and Zelda" Ganondorf said "They are trapped within palaces around Hyrule, guarded by fierce monsters. The Hero shall never find them"