Chapter 8: The Old Hero

The Red Lynel drew a Lynel Bow, and was able to fire three arrows at a time, which it did.

Link dodged the shock arrows, as he knew any single hit from this Lynel would mean certain death.

Navi wasn't even giving Link advice, and Link was parrying the strike of the Lynel Sword with his Hero's Shield.

The Lynel used the blades on its Lynel Shield as a weapon, and caused a huge explosion which Link barely survived.

Link could barely get up, and was covered in blood.

Yet he still had courage that he wouldn't back out of this fight.

Link struck the Lynel's leg again and again with the Ordon Sword, even if it only did 20 damage at a time to an enemy with 2000 health.

The Lynel ran around the Coliseum with its horse features, and breathed fire from its horned lion head.

Link fired an arrow at its face, and stunned the Lynel.

He climbed up onto its back, and struck again and again with the sword.

He parried a blow from the Lynel's Sword, and hid behind a wall from another explosion.

Link tried to run to another level of the coliseum, but the Lynel fired Shock Arrows into the sky which came back down, and one hit Link in the arm.

Link collapsed on the ground, barely able to keep his eyes open.

His teeth chattered with the electricity still shocking and running through him, and he was ready for everything to end.

The Lynel's Sword and Shield lunge attacks had even given Link a deep, bleeding wound in the arm.

Link persisted, and got back up again, wiping the debris off his bloodstained Green Tunic.

The Blood reminded Link of his photo, and took out the Bloodstained Champions Photo.

Champions of Hyrule.... Once again give me your courage, your strength, to defeat this powerful menace.

The Lynel put its bow away and jumped up in the air, crashing to the ground with a strike from the sword

It lunged at Link, and spat fireballs the Link parried with his sword and shield.

Link suddenly felt a rush of energy that felt like he had the strength of another brave warrior.

Link decapitated the Lynel, and blood stained the stone floor as the Lynel's parts vanished in purple smoke.

As Rain began to pour into the Coliseum, a mystical spirit appeared in the mist.

"Who are you?" Link demanded

"I am a spirit of days past" the skeletal warrior replied, for this spirit was a skeleton in yellow armor that was covered in vines, and had a sword and shield/

"I was once a Hero like you" the spirit said "My name was Link, and I was the Hylian Champion who wielded the Master Sword, sword that seals the darkness"

"How did you die?" Link asked

"During the Royal Massacre" the Hero's Spirit said "And when you were reincarnated from the spirit of courage, as the next hero, something unusual happened"

"What?" Link asked, completely forgetting his wounds

"Instead of being created as a new person, you were reincarnated exactly like me" the Hero's Spirit continued "Deep down, you have all of my attributes, personality traits, and maybe memories. You are me, and the people I once knew will see you and see me"

"You're me?" Link said, amazed. "I am a recreation of you?"

"Yes" the Hero's Spirit said "Basically, I was brought back to life to start fresh as you, but yet I still live on as a spirit"

"Spirits exist until they have fulfilled their purpose" Link said

"Yes" the Hero's Spirit agreed "My purpose is to train you in the more complex sword moves you will not recall on your own. I will teach you various moves such as the Downthrust, Upthrust, Spin Attack, Flurry Rush, and others over time"

"What are you going to teach me now?" Link asked

"The Downthrust" the Hero's Spirit said "I feel you will need it first"

"Teach me then" Link said

"First, you build up all your energy and jump up as high as you can"

Link jumped up.

"There you go!" the Spirit continued "Then, you will come crashing down in this position"

The Hero's Spirit jumped up and came down in a certain position, and Link did the same.

"Good job! Could use a little work with the position your legs have to be in"

The Hero's Spirit helped Link fix that part, and they moved on.

"Finally, you point your sword at the ground like this when you come down. That will stab the enemy from above, and will be useful against enemies whose heads are their weak points"

Link did as the Spirit instructed.

"Fantastic! Just as I used to do, back in the good old days.... When I trained with the other Champions... Well, Link, you've performed a perfect downthrust!"

"Thanks for teaching me!" Link thanked

"I'll teach you more moves as time goes on" the spirit said "But for now, I'll be leaving. Just one more thing before we part"

"What is it?" Link asked

"I know you have a picture of the Champions. When you meet them, or I should say, if you see them, tell them I miss them... Tell them the Hylian Champions says sorry for dying...."

"I guess I will" Link said "Goodbye, for now"

"See you later" the Hero's Spirit vanished in a blue light

I'm still badly injured! I need healing, and fast

"You better find some way to get healed" Navi told Link "If that wound gets infected too badly, it's all gonna be over"

Link stumbled out of the Coliseum Ruins in search of healing.