Chapter 5

The Little Mermaid, Narrator's POV:

Willa: After I sing, there is crash. I look behind me and see Sebastian. "Sebastian!" I cry out.

Sebastian: "Ariel, what are you... How could you... What is all this?"

Willa: "It's, uh... It's just my collection." Flounder swims by me.

Sebastian: "Oh, I see. Your collection, hmm. If your father knew about this place..."

Flounder: "You're not gonna tell him, are you?"

Willa: "Oh, please, Sebastian, he would never understand."

Sebastian: "Ariel, you're under a lot of pressure down here. Come with me, I'll take you home... and get you something warm to drink."

Now, as Sebastian was saying that, a dark shadow passed over the light of the grotto. Ariel looks up to see what it is.

Willa: "What do you suppose..."

Sebastian: "Ariel?"

Ariel swims out of her grotto to follow what caused the shadow. She swims up to the surface and sees that it is a ship. The sailors are blowing up fireworks to celebrate Eric's birthday. Ariel is amazed by the show. Ariel, to Sebastian's dismay, swims closer to the ship to learn more. As Ariel gets closer, she starts to her men singing. She reaches the boat, pulls herself up to a small opening to the deck, and looks. Ariel sees men dancing around. Soon, a dog, named Max, caught Ariel's scent and found her and licks her. He is then called by his owner, Eric.

Philby:(whistles) "Max! Here, boy!"

Max happily runs towards Eric and barks.

Philby: "Hey, come on, mutt. What ya doin', huh, Max? Come on Max."

Ariel watches as the dog runs towards his owner. She sees him. A beautiful man. 'Who looks familiar, but I've never seen him before.' in her mind. She is intrigued. Scuttle flies by and joins Ariel watching the humans. Ariel keeps watching Eric as he plays a whistle and dances with his dog. Eric's servant(Grimsby) then gives Eric his very expensive and large present to him. The present is a statue of Prince Eric, mighty and majestic. Eric is not impressed, but acts happy to please Grimsby. Eric and Grimsby then get into a conversation about not marrying a certain princess. The entire kingdom wants their prince to live happily.

Philby: "I know there is a girl out there. I just haven't found her yet."

Ariel gets hopeful at that statement, for she really wants to meet him.

Philby: "Believe me, Grim, when I find her, I'll know. Without a doubt, it'll just, bam, hit me, like lightning."

Then thunder is heard in the distance. Everyone on board works together to try and go faster so they miss the storm. They aren't so lucky. The ship gets struck by lightning and catches on fire. Sailors jump off to avoid getting burn. Eric stays on ship to rescue Max. He jumps off and when he hits the water, gets knocked unconscious. Ariel dives down, takes Eric up in her arms, and swims him to safety. She goes to a beach near his castle and stays with him when he wakes up the next morning. She sings to help wake him up. Eric stirs at the voice and opens his bleary eyes. He barely sees her till she swims away, because she can't be seen. Eric tries to find her when he fully awakens, but Grimsby brings him back to the palace. 'It's weird. I feel like I've seen her before from someplace' in the back of Eric's mind.

Ariel, Sebastian, and Flounder watch from far away the prince walking back to the palace. Sebastian justs wants to forget about it, to not get in trouble with the king. The eels also are seeing this and report back to Ursula. Ursula has just got the perfect scheme.

Ursula: "Hahahahahahaha. I know just what to do."

The next day, in Atlantica, the princess are getting ready for the day. Ariel hums and isn't really there. The sisters are curious on what happened to Ariel to make her feel that way. Then the sisters realize what she's got. Their dad swims in and asks. Then they tell him that Ariel's in love. He is shocked. Ariel is picking doing 'He loves me, He loves me not' thing. Sebastian is trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. Ariel then plans to see him again, and Sebastian tries to get her t not go. He created a song 'Under the Sea'. He sings it with other sea creatures to convince Ariel to stay. It does not work. Ariel swims away. Then King Triton asks Sebastian about Ariel and he tells the truth about everything.

Flounder tells Ariel about a surprise for her in her grotto. They go and she is shocked and happy of what Flounder did for her. He found the statue of Prince Eric and got help to bring it inside her grotto. Suddenly, King Triton comes in and confronts her about going to the surface and falling in love with a human. In anger, he destroys the statue with his trident. Ariel is very sad and depressed. Then two eels swim up to her.