Chapter 12

In Tangled, Tim's POV:

Flynn and Rapunzel end up at the Snuggly Duckling. They enter and she sees its full of thugs and ruffians. She becomes afraid. Flynn tries to convince to return home, but she stands her ground. One of the ruffians then recognize Flynn from his poster. Then everyone attacks Flynn, wanting to get some reward for finding him. The ruffians hold Flynn down as the head ruffian tells someone to fetch the guards. As he readies to take the punch, the head ruffian is hit on the head by a branch. Rapunzel was the one to hit him. She stands her ground and says,

Jess: "Put him down! Ok, I don't know where I am, and I need him to take me to see the lanterns because I've been dreaming about them my entire life! Find your humanity! Haven't any of you ever had a dream?" I just can't handle how they act. Anyways, the head ruffian pulls out his axe and walks towards me. When reaches me, he says, "I once had a dream." And throws his axe at a wall and starts to sing at a piano.

I've got a dream song.

After the song, the guards open the door. Flynn takes Rapunzel and they hide under the counter. The head ruffian leads them to a secret passage while the other ruffians distract the guards. Then Maximus comes and finds the secret passage. The 2 thieves Flynn left behind break free from their cuffs and go into the passage so they can get revenge on Flynn Rider.

As they walk in the secret passage, Flynn strikes up a conversation.

Tim: "I didn't know you had that in you back there. That was pretty impressive."

Jess: "I know! I know. So... Flynn? Where are you from?"

Tim: "Whoa! Sorry, blondie, I don't do backstory. However, I am becoming very interested in yours. I know I'm not supposed to mention the hair. Or the mother. Frankly, I'm too scared to ask about the frog."

Jess: "Chameleon."

Tim: "Nuance. Here's my question, though, if you want to see the lanterns so badly why haven't you gone before?"

Jess: "Uh.... Well..."

Then the ground started to shake. They look behind them and see the guards. They start to run and get to to the opening. They are near a water source and standing on a cliff. They are surrounded with the guards on top with them and the two thieves below them. Rapunzel and Flynn use Rapunzel's hair to move around and avoid the dangers. As the run away, the water bridge(aqueduct, really) and the whole place is flooded. Rapunzel and Flynn are then trapped in a cave with no way to get out. Flynn cuts his hand on a rock trying to find a way to escape. When they believe all is lost they start to confess some things.

Jess: "This is all my fault. She was right. I never should have done this. I'm so... I'm so sorry Flynn."

Tim: "Eugene."

Jess: "What?" 

Tim: "My real name is Eugene Fitzherbert. Someone might as well know."

Jess: "Heh. I have magic hair that glows when I sing."

Tim: "What?"

Jess: "I have magic hair that glows when I sing!" 

As the water rushes over their heads, Rapunzel is able to sing a few lines. Completely under water, Rapunzel's hair starts to glow and show them a way out. Soon they escape and end up on the side of a bank. 

In another part of the forest, Mother Gothel introduces herself to the two thieves and gets their help into getting revenge on Flynn Rider and getting her Rapunzel back.

Eugene and Rapunzel get out of the water and starts building a fire. Then Rapunzel wraps her hair around Eugene's cut and starts to sing, her glows and the cut starts to heal.

Jess: "Flower gleam and glow

Let your powers shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine"

Jess: "Please don't freak out!" I say as he was about to scream.

Tim: "Oh, I'm not freaking out are you?"

Now Eugene leaves to get more firewood. Rapunzel sits peacefully. Mother Gothel comes out and tries to take Rapunzel back home, but Rapunzel stands her ground. Rapunzel and Mother Gotherl have an argument. Mother Gothel then throws Rapunzel the satchel and walks away as Eugene comes back. Rapunzel hides the satchel and continues her conversation with Eugene. Mother Gothel and the two thieves watch from a distance.