Chapter 8

Sleeping Beauty: Narrator POV:

Finn: "What's your name? Who are you?"

Amanda: "Oh, my name? My name is... Oh! I can't tell you."

Finn: "What? Why not?"

Amanda: "Because we can't ever see each other again."

Finn: "But why? Why can't I see you anymore?"

Amanda: "Well, maybe someday."

Finn: "When? Tomorrow?"

Amanda: "No, tonight. At the cottage in the glen."

Aurora runs off, back home and Phillip stays for a minute smiling. Aurora rushes back home humming along the way. The fairies hear the humming and start to hurry cleaning up, making and decorating the cake, and finish the dress. Aurora walks in and is surprised to see the dress and cake.

Fairies: "Surprise!"

Amanda: "Oh, you guys shouldn't have. Today is the best day of my life! Just wait till you meet him."

Merryweather: "Him?"

Aurora starts to sing Once upon a Dream and dances with Fauna.

Flora: "Oh, this is terrible."

Amanda stops singing and dancing.

Amanda: "Why?"

Fauna: "Cause you're gonna marry the prince."

Amanda: "How can I? I would have to be a-"

Merryweather: "A princess!"

Flora: "Which you are dear."

Aurora overwhelmed with the news of being a princess and not being able to see the stranger again she starts to shout 'no! no!' and runs upstairs to her room. She lies on her bed and starts to cry.

In the palace, King Stefan looks out a window, hoping to see his daughter walk up. King Hupert tries to encourage Stefan and tells him all of what he has done for Phillip and Aurora. They drink toasts to the future and that everything will go well. They get drunk and start to argue, but they make up, During their conversation, an announcement is made that Prince Phillip is there. So, King Hupert runs out into the courtyard to meet his son.

Hupert: "Phillip! Phillip! Hurry, boy, hurry. Change into something suitable. Can't meet your future bride looking like that."

Finn: "But I have met her, Father."

Hupert: "You have? Where?"

Finn: "Once upon a dream." And I start to hum the song and dance with my father.

Hupert: "Oh, Phillip, stop it. Stop that! Phillip! Put me down. Now, what's all this dream nonsense?"

Finn: "It wasn't a dream, Father. I really did meet her."

Hupert: "Princess Aurora? Good heavens, we must tell Stefan. Why this is the most..."

Finn: "I didn't say it was Aurora."

Hupert: "You most certainly did. You said..."

Finn: "I said, I met the girl I was going to marry. I don't know who she was. A peasant girl, I suppose."

Hupert: "A peasant girl? You're going to marry a... Why, Phillip. You're joking."

Finn: I shake my head no.

Hupert: "Isn't he?" I ask Samson, Phillip's horse. He shakes his head no too. "No! You can't do this to me! Give up the throne, the kingdom, for some, some nobody? By Harry, I won't have it! You're a prince, and you're going to marry a princess!"

Finn: "Now, Father, you're living in the past. This is the 14th century. Nowadays..."

Hupert: "Nowadays, I'm still the king and I command you to come your senses!"

Finn: "And marry the girl I love?"

Hupert: "Exactly!"

Finn: (laughing) "Goodbye, Father."

Hupert: "Goodbye, Father. Marry the girl you... No, no! No, Phillip. Come back! Oh, how am I going to tell Stefan?"