Chapter 16

In Aladdin, Narrator's POV:

In the gardens, at night, Aladdin tries to come up with a way to win Jasmine's heart. Genie, Abu, and Carpet say tell her the truth, but Aladdin doesn't listen. Aladdin takes carpet and flies to Jasmine's room. He is able to convince her to go on a magic carpet ride with him. 

Maybeck: "Do you trust me?"

Charlene: "What?" Ali said it like that boy from the marketplace.

Maybeck: "Do you trust me?"

Charlene: "I'm not sure why, but yes."

Jasmine gets on the carpet and it starts to fly. They start to sing.

"I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?
I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet rideA whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us, "No"
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
(Now I'm in a whole new world with you)Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond skyA whole new world (don't you dare close your eyes)
A hundred thousand things to see (hold your breath, it gets better)
I'm like a shooting star, I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be
A whole new world
With new horizons to pursue
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with youA whole new world (a whole new world)
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us, "No"
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
A whole new world (every turn, a surprise)
With new horizons to pursue (every moment, red-letter)
I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare
And then we're home (there's time to spare)
Let me share this whole new world with youA whole new world (a whole new world)
That's where we'll be (that's where we'll be)
A thrilling chase (a wondrous place)
For you and me"

They stop somewhere in China and watch the fireworks. There, Jasmine interrogates Ali, who almost reveals hi identity. Liking him, Jasmine has decided to marry Ali and when they return home, she goes to tell her father. When Aladdin goes back to where his friends are at in the gardens, he is attacked by the guards and Jafar. They throw him off a cliff into the sea hoping he'll drown. Aladdin, under the water, is able to rub the lab, but then goes unconscious. Genie leaves the lamp and sees Aladdin drowning. Genie takes this as his second wish and saves Aladdin. Aladdin is grateful and is okay that was his second wish.

Back at the castle, Jafar was about to tell the sultan and Jasmine that Prince Ali is dead, but Ali shows up. Seeing that his plan failed and that the prince has the lamp, he realizes the boy is Aladdin. So he poofs out and plans to get that lamp.

The next day, Aladdin and Genie fight because Aladdin won't tell Jasmine the truth and won't let Genie go.

Maybeck: "Genie, I can't."

Genie: "Sure you can. You just go, 'Genie, I wish you free.'

Maybeck: "I'm serious. Look, I'm sorry. I really am. But they wanna make me sultan. No. They wanna make Prince Ali sultan. Without you, I'm just Aladdin."

Genie: "Al, you won."

Maybeck: "Because of you. The only reason anyone thinks I'm worth anything is because of you. What if they find out I'm not really a prince? What if Jasmine finds out? I'd lose her. Genie, I can't keep this up on my own. I can't wish you free."

Genie: "Fine. I understand. After all, you've lied to everyone else. Hey, I was beginning to feel left out. Now, if you'll excuse me, master." I go into my lamp angrily. 

Maybeck: "Genie, I'm really sorry." He blows raspberries at me. "Well, fine. Then just stay in there!" I shout at him. Ugh, this is a mess. I hear Jasmine calling my name. Time for the announcements. 

As Aladdin leaves the room, Iago grabs the lamp and brings it to Jafar.