Chapter 14

In Sleeping Beauty, Narrator's POV:

As the sun is setting, the three good fairies bring Aurora to the castle. The sneak her in and walk to one of the many rooms to stay for a few minutes.

Flora: "Merryweather, bolt the door. Fauna, the drapes. Now just sit here, darling. This one last gift, dear child, for thee. The symbol of thy royalty. A crown to wear in grace and beauty as is thy right and royal duty." 

Aurora just puts her head in her hands and starts to cry. She is depressed that she will never see the stranger again. The fairies leave the room to give her some peace. As Aurora cries, Maleficent sneaks into the room and places Aurora in a trance to follow the green ball of light. Aurora follows the ball of light through secret passages of the castle. As they are waiting outside, Flora hears something and realizes that Maleficent is here. The fairies go back into the room and see Aurora following the ball. The fairies get stopped by a wall but they get rid of it, but the ball and Aurora have moved on. 

The fairies call out for Aurora but, she doesn't hear. The ball takes Aurora to one of the tallest towers of the castle where a spinning wheel appears before her. As she goes to prick her finger, the fairies shout 'Don't touch anything.' Aurora pulls her hand back, but Maleficent says' Touch it' commanding Aurora to do so. Aurora pricks her finger. The fairies rush in and are face to face with Maleficent.

Maleficent: "You poor, simple fool, thinking you could defeat me! Me! The mistress of all evil! Well, here's your precious princess!" I take my cloak and pull, revealing the princess asleep on the floor. I start laughing and disappear. 

The fairies go to Aurora and realize that they have lost. They bring Aurora to the tallest tower of the castle and lay her on a bed to sleep. They look down at the kingdom, celebrating, believing they have won. Flora then gets an idea. Put the whole kingdom asleep until Aurora has awaken. As they put the kingdom to sleep, Flora starts putting the kings to sleep when King Hupert says that Phillip is going to marry a peasant, once upon a dream. Flora realizes the Prince Phillip is the stranger and hurries to get Fauna and Merryweather and race to the cottage.

Riding on his horse through the forest, Phillip reaches the cottage. Hoping for good luck he knocks on the door. 

Finn: "Hello?"

Woman: "Come in."

Phillip enters through the door and is then attacked by Maleficent's goons. Maleficent starts to laugh when she realizes that the Prince was the stranger and that the Princess was the peasant girl.

Maleficent: "Here I am, expecting a peasant. But I get a prince. Oh, I do love surprises."

Soon Maleficent and her goons take Phillip and his horse to her castle in the Forbidden Mountains. The fairies arrive at the cottage and realize that Phillip has been taken hostage. 

Flora: "We have to go to the Forbidden Mountains."

Soon, they reach Maleficent's castle.