Chapter 13

In Aladdin, Narrator's POV

The next day, the sultan has a discussion with Jafar about the whole 'Aladdin' thing.

Sultan: "Jafar, this is an outrage. If it weren't for all your years of loyal service... From now on, you are to discuss sentencing of prisoners with me, before they are beheaded."

Jafar: "I assure you, Your Highness, it won't happen again."

So, Jafar and Jasmine 'made up' their differences. In the desert, Genie and Aladdin stop at a resting area and discuss wishes.

Genie: "Well, how about that, Mr. Doubting Mustafa?"

Maybeck: "Oh, you sure showed me. Now, about my three wishes."

Genie: "Dost mine ears deceive me? Three? You are down by one, boy."

Maybeck: "Ah, no. I never actually wished to get out of the cave. You did that on your own."

Genie: My jaw drops open. I am shocked. "Well, I feel sheepish. All right, you bad boy, but no more freebies."

Maybeck: "Fair deal. So, three wishes. I want them to be good. What would you wish for?"

Genie: "Me? No one's ever asked me that before. Well, in my case... Ah, forget it."

Maybeck: "What?"

Genie: "No, I can't. I..."

Maybeck: "Come on. Tell me."

Genie: "Freedom."

Maybeck: "You're a prisoner?"

Genie: "It's all part and parcel of the whole genie gig. Phenomenal cosmic powers... Itty bitty living space."

Maybeck: "Genie, that's terrible."

Genie: "But, oh, to be free... Not have to go, 'Poof. What do you need? Poof. What do you need? Poof. What do you need?' To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world. But what am I talking about? Let's get real here. It's not gonna happen. Genie, wake up and smell the hummus."

Maybeck: "Why not?"

Genie: "The only way I get outta this is if my master wishes me out. So you can guess how often that's happened."

Maybeck: "I'll do it. I'll set you free."

Genie: "Uh-huh, yeah, right."

Maybeck: "No, really, I promise. After I make my first two wishes, I'll use my third wish to set you free."

Genie: "Well, here's hopin'. All right. Let's make some magic. So, what is it? What do you want most?"

Maybeck: "Well, there's this girl."

Genie: "Wrong. I can't make anybody fall in love, remember?"

Maybeck: "Oh, but, Genie, She's smart and fun and... beautiful. She's got these eyes that just... And this hair. Wow. And her smile... But she's the princess. To even have a chance, I'd have to be... I've got it. Genie, I wish you to make me a prince!"

So Genie uses his magic to make Aladdin into a prince and adds all this other stuff into it to impress everyone. He also turns Abu into an elephant.

Back at the palace, Jafar puts the sultan under a trance so then Jafar can convince him to marry Jasmine to him(Jafar). But the sultan says, "But you're so much older." Then Prince Ali comes into town. Prince Ali song.

Ali enters the castle and greets Jafar and the sultan. They discuss the suitor business as Jasmine walks in. Not liking what she hears, Jasmine talks back to all of them and runs to her room. 

Later that night, Ali has got a plan.