Chapter 17

In Tangled, Tim's POV:

On the next day, Rapunzel's birthday, Eugene wakes up to a wet Maximus looming over him. Eugene screams as Maximus drags him, waking up Rapunzel and Pascal. Seeing what's happening, Rapunzel runs over to help Eugene. Rapunzel is able to convince the two to become friends for this day only. Then the group walks into the village. 

Rapunzel is amazed by all of what she sees. These four young girls braid her long hair so its easy to move around the crowd. Eugene pays for a flag for Rapunzel so she has a souvenir. As Rapunzel passes by a mural of the king, queen, and their baby, she hears a girl say, 'Here's to the lost princess.' 

She hears music and starts to dance and forces other people to join as well. Maximus pushes Eugene into it. Eugene and Rapunzel reach for each other but are pulled away. They reach each other as the music stops. Eugene leads Rapunzel to a boat on the lake and starts rowing into the middle of the lake. He said its the best viewing spot. Soon, the king and queen release the first lantern and everybody else follows. Soon, the night sky is filled with lanterns. Rapunzel and Eugene start to sing.

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to beAnd at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

Jess: "I have something for you, too." I give him his satchel. "I should have given it to you before, but I was just scared. And the thing is, I'm not scared anymore. You know what I mean?"

Tim: I put the satchel down. "I'm starting to." answering her.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to goAnd at last I see the lightAnd it's like the fog has liftedAnd at last I see the lightAnd it's like the sky is newAnd it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see youNow that I see you

As they go to kiss, Eugene sees the two thieves from the shore. He rows the boat towards the shore, telling Rapunzel he has some business and will come right back. He goes to talk and gives the crown to the thieves, but they knock him out, tie him to a boat with the crown and send it off towards the castle.

The two thieves then walks to Rapunzel to kidnap here, but she runs away. Her hair got caught on a branch, and then she hears her mother calling her name. Mother Gothel lies to Rapunzel to get her to come home with her. Eugene wakes up as guards pull him out of the boat. He shouts for Rapunzel and tries to break free, Maximus seeing this wonders where is the girl. He then has a plan.