Chapter 9

In The Little Mermaid, Narrator's POV:

Eels: "Poor child. Poor, sweet child. She has a very serious problem. If only there were something we could do. But there is something."

Willa: "Who... Who are you?"

Eels: "Don't be scared. We represent someone who can help you. Someone who can make all your dreams come true. Just imagine... You and your prince... together forever."

Willa: "I don't understand."

Eels: "Ursula has great powers."

Willa: "The sea witch? Why that's... I couldn't possibly. No! Get out of here. Leave me alone!"

Eels: "Suit yourself. That was only a suggestion." 

One of the eels kicks Ariel a piece of the statue, Eric's face. Ariel looks down at it and contemplates on taking the offer or not. She takes it. She follows the eels to Ursula's lair. Flounder and Sebastian sees Ariel following the eels so they follow her, right into Ursula's lair.

Ursula: "Come in. Come in, my child. We mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude. One might question your upbringing. Now, then, you're here because you have a thing for this human, this prince fellow. Not that I blame you. He is quite a catch, isn't he? Well, angelfish, the solution to your problem is simple. The only way to get what you want is to become a human yourself."

Willa: "Can you do that?"

Ursula: "My dear, sweet child. That's what I do. It's what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk, like yourself, poor souls with no one else to turn to.

"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, and made a switch
To this
True? Yes.
And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And dear lady, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (pathetic)Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Ursula, please!"
And I help them!
Yes I doNow it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate soulsHave we got a deal?If I become human, I'll never be with my father or sisters again.But you'll have your man, heh heh. Life's full of tough choices, isn't it? Heh heh.
Oh, and there is one more thing.
We haven't discussed the subject of payment.But I don't have-I'm not asking much, just a token really, a trifle!
What I want from you is - your voice.But without my voice, how can I-You'll have your looks, your pretty face.
And don't underestimate the importance of body language, ha!The men up there don't like a lot of blabber
They think a girl who gossips is a bore!
Yet on land it's much prefered for ladies not to say a word
And after all dear, what is idle babble for?
Come on, they're not all that impressed with conversation
True gentlemen avoid it when they can
But they dote and swoon and fawn
On a lady who's withdrawn
It's she who holds her tongue who get's a manCome on you poor unfortunate soul
Go ahead!
Make your choice!
I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day
It won't cost much
Just your voice!
You poor unfortunate soul
It's sad but true
If you want to cross the bridge, my sweet
You've got the pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a breath
And go ahead and sign the scroll
Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've got her, boys
The boss is on a roll
This poor unfortunate soulBeluga sevruga
Come winds of the Caspian Sea
Larengix glaucitis
Et max laryngitis
La voce to meNow, sing!Aah...Keep singing!"

Ariel signed the contract, got rid of her voice, and became human. She couldn't breathe so Flounder and Sebastian brought her up to the surface.

At a beach, Eric plays his pipe and keeps think about the girl that saved him.

Philby: "That voice. I can't get it out of my head. I've looked everywhere, Max. Where could she be?"

At a different part of the beach, Ariel sits on the surface. Ariel is amazed at her feet and legs. Scuttle flies down to talk. Scuttle is shocked that Ariel has legs. Sebastian tells him the she traded her voice for legs with the sea witch. Ariel struggles to stand and walk around. Sebastian plans to tell King Triton, but the others convince him not to. So Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle have to work together to figure out how to get the prince to fall in love with Ariel. Ariel walks up to the beach and finds some fabric and rope to try and clothe herself.

Philby: As Max and I walk along the beach, Max starts to smell something and chases after it. "Max? What? Huh? What? Max!" I chase after him. 

Max starts to chase the smell and he caught up to Ariel. Max tries to reach since she climbs unto a rock. Eric finally catches up and sees his dog with this girl. Max tries to tell Eric he found the girl.

Philby: "Max! Quiet, Max. What's gotten into you, fella? Oh. Oh, I see. Are you okay, miss? I'm sorry if this knucklehead scared you. He's harmless, really, uh... You seem very familiar to me. Have we met?" The girl shakes her head yes and Max barks at me. "We have met. I knew it. You're the one, the one I've been looking for. What's your name?" She looks like she's trying to talk but can't. What's wrong? What is it? You can't speak? Oh! Oh, then you couldn't be who I thought." She tries to tell me something by doing charades, but I don't get it. I bring her back to my palace, somewhere she can stay for awhile till I find who she is and return her home.