Chapter 11

In Tangled: Tim's POV:

Rapunzel just hit Flynn with a frying pan. She walks closer to him, wondering who he is. She is very scared because she has never seen another human being except her mother. She sees that the strange man doesn't have pointy teeth and looks handsome. Suddenly he opens his eye. Rapunzel freaks out and hits him again with the frying pan. Rapunzel then moves the unconscious man to a closet and keeps him there to show her mother she can take care of herself. 

Jess: "I've got a person in my closet. I've got a person in my closet!(Who looks familiar I might add) Too weak to handle myself out there, huh, Mother? Well, tell that to my frying pan." Ouch, I accidently hit my head with the pan. I see a satchel on the floor, opened. I grabbed what was inside: a crown. I put on the crown on my head. I have a silent urge, telling me this is mine, but that's impossible. I hear Mother calling out, so I hide the crown and satchel in a pot and run to the window.

Gothel: "Rapunzel! Let down your hair!"

Jess: "One moment , Mother!"

Gothel: "I have a big surprise!"

Jess: "Uh... I do, too!

Gothel: "Ooh, I bet my surprise is bigger!"

Jess: "I seriously doubt it."

Gothel: "I brought back parsnips. I'm going to make hazelnut soup for dinner. Your favorite. Surprise!"

Jess: "Well, Mother, there's something I want to tell you."

Gothel: "Oh, Rapunzel, you know I hate leaving you after a fight. Especially when I've done absolutely nothing wrong."

Jess: "I've been thinking a lot about what you said earlier."

Gothel: "I hope you're not still talking about the stars."

Jess: "'Floating lights,' and, yes, I'm leading up to that."

Gothel: "Because I really thought we dropped the issue, sweetheart."

Jess: "No, Mother, I'm just saying, you think I'm not strong enough to handle my self out there,"

Gothel: "Oh, I know you're not strong enough to handle yourself out there."

Jess: "But if you just..."

Gothel: "We're done talking about this."

Jess: "Trust me! I know what I'm..."

Gothel: "Rapunzel."

Jess: "Oh, come on!"

Gothel: "Enough with the lights! You are not leaving this tower! Ever! Great. Now, I'm the bad guy."

Jess: I... I just want to know more about the lights. I have an idea. "All I was going to say, Mother is that... I know what I want for my birthday now."

Gothel: "And what is that?"

Jess: "New paint. The paint made from the white shells you once brought me."

Gothel: "That is a very long trip, Rapunzel. Almost three days' time."

Jess: "I just thought it was a better idea than the stars."

Gothel: "Are you sure you'll be all right on your own?"

Jess: "I know I'm safe as long as I'm here."

So Mother Gothel goes to get the paint for Rapunzel. After she makes sure she is gone, Rapunzel opens the closet and sets the man in a chair. She binds him up with her hair. And she waits till he wakes up. In a few moments, Pascal wakes him up.

Tim: "Ah! What? Where am I? Is this hair?"

Jess: "Struggling... Struggling is pointless."

Tim: "Huh?"

Jess: "I know why you're here, and I'm not afraid of you."

Tim: "What?"

Rapunzel walks up to Flynn, so that Flynn can see her.

Jess: "Who are you? And how did you find me?"

Tim: She's beautiful, I feel like I've seen her but haven't. "Uh...."

Jess: "Who are you, and how did you find me?"

Tim: "I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you. But may I just say... Hi." I say flirtatiously. "How you doing? The name's Flynn Rider. How's your day going? Huh?"

Jess: "Who else knows my location, Flynn Rider?"

Tim: "All right, blondie."

Jess: "Rapunzel."

Tim: "Gesundheit. Here's the deal. I was in a situation, gallivanting through the forest. I came across your tower and... Oh! Oh, no. Where is my satchel?"

Jess: "I've hidden it. Somewhere you'll never find it."

Tim: I look around and spot a pot. "It's in that pot, isn't it?" I get knocked out again.

Jess: I knock him out again and re-hide the satchel. Then I have Pascal wake Flynn up again. "Now it's hidden where you'll never find it. So, what do you want with my hair? To cut it?"

Tim: "What?"

Jess: "Sell it?"

Tim: "No! Listen, the only thing I want to do with your hair is get out of it, literally."

Jess: "You... Wait. You don't want my hair?"

Tim: "Why on earth would I want your hair? Look, I was being chased, I saw a tower, I climbed it. End of story."

Jess: "You're telling the truth?"

Tim: "Yes!"

Pascal looks Flynn up and down. Rapunzel and Pascal argue on whether to trust him or not. Rapunzel decides to trust him and offers a deal.

Jess: "Okay, Flynn Rider, I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

Tim: "Deal?"

Jess: "Look this way. Do you know what these are?"

Tim: "You mean the lantern thing they do for the princess?"

Jess: "Lanterns? I knew they weren't stars. Well, tomorrow evening, they will light the night sky sky with these lanterns. You will act as my guide, take me to these lanterns, and return me home safely. Then, and only then, will I return your satchel to you. That is my deal."

Tim: "Yeah. No can do. Unfortunately the kingdom and I aren't exactly simpatico at the moment, so I won't be taking you anywhere." 

Jess: I get down and bring Flynn close so we look eye to eye. "Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will, fate, destiny..."

Tim: "A horse."

Jess: "So I have made the decision to trust you."

Tim: "A horrible decision, really."

Jess: "But trust me when I tell you this. You can tear this tower apart brick by brick, but without my help, you will never find your precious satchel."

Tim: "Let me get this straight. I take you to see the lanterns, bring you back home, and you'll give me back my satchel?"

Jess: "I promise." He looks doubtful. "And when I promise something, I never, ever break that promise. Ever."

So Flynn agrees to take Rapunzel to see the lanterns. They leave the tower and Rapunzel is amazed by her surroundings. Soon they pass a bush, that starts to shake. Rapunzel gets on Flynn's back afraid. A bunny pops out. Rapunzel then says she is scared of thugs, which gives Flynn an idea. He then takes her to the Snuggly Duckling.

In another part of the forest, Maximus finds Mother Gothel. Mother Gothel seeing the palace horse without its rider frightens her. She thinks Rapunzel might have been found. She returns to the tower to find it empty. She looks everywhere. As she stands in the middle of the floor, a beam of light hits her eye. She finds the thing causing the beam, the crown. She then figures out Rapunzel left with a man named Flynn Rider. She grabs a dagger.