Chapter 24

~Leigh's POV~

 Oliver, Liam, the Elders, and a few other top ranked wolves were at a meeting in Detroit. Aiden and the guys went into town. It was just me. Liam told me some ground rules and Oliver promised to text me. I glanced at my buzzing phone but ignored it. Time for Leigh time. A part of me wanted to answer it, but I wanted to be alone. They'd be back soon enough. I put on Oliver's varsity letterman and my UGGS. Looks like this girl is going for a walk. Liam would want me to take my guard with me, but I decided against him. I found him on his phone begging his friend to bring him a snack.

" Come on Dylan. I've done you plenty of favors. Remember Miranda? No... I don't care how hung over you are!" Jake pleaded. 

I revealed myself from my hiding spot. I changed into my robe and faked a yawn.

"Hi." I yawned.

" Leigh." he nodded.

" Can you lower it down a little?"

" Sorry just trying to get-

" Why don't you just go and get it. I'm just getting a snack and going back to bed. I feel awful." I lied smoothly.

" I think Alpha Liam would be angry with me and Oliver would behead me." Jake responded timidly.

" I'll handle them. I can lock my door and I am not THAT helpless. Go get your stuff. I'll be fine." I said.

Jake finally agreed. I went back upstairs and faked sleep. He checked that I was asleep and ran off into town. As soon as I heard his car zoom off, I got up. I threw my street clothes back on and ran out of the house and into the woods. The sun was bright but it was icy cold out. I pulled out my gloves as I sat under my favourite tree. The stream next to me reflected the yellow sun. I took in the scenery until I felt the urge to walk. I wandered the forest. I was in an unknown part. I'd never been in this area. I walked around again until I was tired and rested my legs. The sun was beginning to set. I realized I  needed to get home and Jake was probably freaking out. I attempted to retrace my footsteps. Looking around, it hit me I was back where I started. I didn't panick but I did walk in a straight line in the direction I came from. As it got darker fear began to consume me. I heard a branch snap and picked up my speed. Then I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't turn around, instead I started running. They picked up speed so I began sprinting. I turned around and screamed. It was someone in a hooded cape, but I couldn't see their face. They reached out and pulled my shoulder around. I threw a punch and took off. They retaliated swiftly because they chased me through the forest.

Again They grabbed me but this time shoved me against a tree. i groaned in pain but put my fist to their stomach. The mystery person didn't even flinch. They flipped me onto the ground resting their food on my stomach. My heart rate picked up and my heart pounded in my ear. They spat in my face making me gag. They grabbed my hair and rubbed my face in the dirt. I felt a pinch and begna thrashign around. I'm not leaving. I took my hands and using my abilities I began to choke them. They collapsed falling to their knees. I struggled to get up but managed to. I put my hand to their shoulder and pulled their mask down. A stranger. He hissed at me revealing his long fangs. I screamed loud. HE was gaining strength when he shoved me down. A knife was against my throat. I kicked them and sprinted some more. i saw the moonlight on the stream. I was close to home. Whirling my head around, I saw that I wasn't being followed anymore. I fell to my knees exhausted and oddly sleepy. I crawled as far as my body could take me. I saw the porch light and laid on the deck. I curled into a ball and fell into a deep sleep. 

The light was bright and I could hear arguing in the hall. I heard Oliver's voice against Jayden and Aiden's. I got up and noticed my side bandaged. In the mirror I saw my dirty face and cuts. There were bruises all over my shoulders and arms. There was a scar from the pinch thing. Oliver barged in angrily.