Chapter 13

~Oliver's POV~

Leigh was shaking and crying in her sleep. I held her closer to me and rubbed my arms. When that didn't stop, I kissed her neck. Then she calmed down. I stared at Leigh and tried to hold back a tear. This was all my fault. I shouldn't have let her alone and it's all my fault. I should have took her to Anna's house. Leigh rolled over and I got off the bed and sat at Anna's desk. I buried my face in my hands and sighed. Anna walked in and looked at me.

" Don't get uspet. If anything it's my fault. She called me and I sort of ignored the phone. I didn't feel like answering. M-Maybe if I-I had th-then this wouldn't have happen." Anna said starting to tear up.

" If I had taken her over here, they wouldn't have known where she was. And that ba****d wouldn't have ever touched her. And I didn't even feel the link. It didn't hurt me at all. Or maybe I didn't notice it becasue I was in the fight." I trailed off.

" What happened this morning? Jordan told me a little over the phone." Anna asked.

" Rogues. And a bunch of them breeched our territory this morning and we went to check it out. When we found them they attacked us. We were fighting them off for hours. But I feel like something was off but I didn't really think that much into it." I said gritting my teeth.

I heard a soft gasp and turned to the bed. Leigh was sitting up in the bed biting her lips with tears brimming.

" I remember." she whispered putting her hands to her face.

I hopped up and climbed over to her.

" What's wrong?" I asked her.

" I'm such a screw up! That's the only reason I came back and I never did it. Oliver this is all my fault. I should have remembered!" she cried breathing heavily.

" What?" I asked in a hoarse voice.

" I knew about the rogues. When I left I ran into them and heard their plan and I came back to tell you. But I never did. If I did this could have all been avoided!!" Leigh sobbed.

I crawled over her arms and laid on top of her. Then I held her in my arms and let her cry. Finally, she was silent and her breathing was even. Anna stood at the doorway and gave a small smile.

" Jordan's on his way. I just wanted to let you know." Anna said before she went back downstairs.

" Oliver?" Leigh asked.

" Yes baby?" I responded running my hands up her back.

" What did I do to deserve it? Why does it happen to me? It hurts so much Oliver. I just want it to end. And I feel like this is all related to Kris. He doesn't want me to be happy. Kris wants me to be in pain." she sobbed.

My heart hurt from her soft sobs, so I got off of her and pulled her into my lap. I had her face me with her red eyes and kissed her lips gently.

" Leigh, I don't know why he is doing this. But I am not letting Kris hurt you anymore." I said in her ear.

~Leigh's POV~

My body ached all over. Oliver was laying with me and giving me a feeling on protection. His arms were wrapped around my waist and buried his face in my neck.

" It hurts so much." I said in a whisper.

Oliver held me closer and talked to me in my ear. The doorbell rang downstairs and I sat up. Oliver's eyes darkened as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Jordan stuck his head in and waved. He then stepped in the room.

" Hey. Leigh, I just want to say I'm sorry for what happened." Jordan said to me quietly.

I smiled with tears in my eyes and let him hug me.