Chapter 8

~Oliver's POV~

Liam glanced between Leigh and I and stood in the hallway. Leigh rolled off my chest and I got out of my bed. I kissed her lips softly before I left. Liam led me into Kris's old office. Kris had made it his now since it was bigger. I sat on the couch and looked expectantly at Liam.

" What's up?"

" So today, I received a call. Liam wants Leigh to come to Seattle by June 25th. Or else I'm pretty much calling for a war. And he said that he had nothing going on with her. Lying f**ker." Liam spat.

My chest tightened up. I clenched my fists closed and gritted my teeth. He has got some balls on him.

" No. Why does he want her anyway?! She's mine." I hissed.

" Don't know at all. Trust me I don't like this just as much as I do."

The doorbell rang downstairs and they heard Leigh's soft footsteps go to see who it was.

" Why did he give us three months? And why so specific with the date? IS he plot-

I stopped dead in my tracks. Something felt off suddenly. I was walking out of the office when I heard Leigh scream. Liam was right behind me running to the door. I saw a hooded black figure running with Leigh over his shoulder. Leigh was pounding on their back screaming.

" OLIVER! HELP!!!SOMEBODY PLEASE!"

I was overcome with anger as I darted after them into the forest. My bones began to deform and my canines elongated. Before I knew it I was running on all fours in my natural form. I followed their scent. The mystery person had no scent so it was only one thing. A vampire. Leigh whacked the back of its head and they both tumbled over a tree root. Leigh crawled away afraid and hid in the shadows. I lunged at the vampire and latched on to its arm. It swung its arms and I released. I saw blood and lunged again. I saw his fangs and he snapped at me. Quickly, I jumped away. I saw Liam's black wolf and Liam got him from behind. Liam was huge in wolf form. I scurried off to find Leigh. Following her scent, I found her cowering behind a bush. She was watching from here. Leigh wrapped her arms around me. She knew my wolf form like the back of her hand. I tried to cover her eyes as Liam finished off the guy. I heard a few strangled grunts and then silence. Liam came over and shifted out of wolf form. I then took his example and did the same. As soon I was back in my human form, Leigh's arms were around my neck. I pried myself from her grip and looked her in the eye.

" Baby, I need you to look at me and tell me. What did he want? Why did he take you?"

Leigh was still a little shaken. She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair.

" I answered the door and he told me that he had a package here. I told him there was no packages around here and he got really agitated. He kept saying 'he said it would be here'. Then he saw Kris's car and asked me why was I hiding it. I told him I wasn't hiding anything and he grabbed me angrily. I guess, Kris owed him something and he got mad that he didn't get it."

Liam walked on the other side of Leigh deliberately. My eyes raked her body for any harm. Our eyes met and she sent me a grateful smile.

" Thanks by the way. Both of you." Leigh told us.

She kissed Liam's cheek and pecked my lips. I held her hand as the three of us made her way back home. Liam was quiet like he was when he was deep in thought. I was thinking as well. The vampire had one scent. Marijuana. And if my guesses are correct, Kris owed him a new stash. But what did that have to do with Leigh?

~Next day~

Leigh and I went to school as usual. She talked to Jayden the entire way. I sat up front with Connor watching her lips from the rear view mirror. Last night had me thinking. Leigh looked at me in the mirror and winked. I returned with a cocky smirk and turned away. Connor let us all out. Leigh and Jayden meet up with Anna. Then all three went to join their group of friends while I stood in the center caught on where to go. After hearing. Leigh's laughter I headed over to CJ and Jordan.