Chapter 22

~Leigh's POV~

I woke up in my room. My sheets were cold and smooth under my skin. There was sweat on my brow. I wiped it off and realized Oliver was next to me. I shifted my body and Oliver shot up wide awake. 

" You're awake?" Oliver said. 

I looked away ashamed of my earlier actions. I'm such a baby. I can't handle anything. No wonder Oliver is always having to save me. I can barely handle bad news without crying. I'm a freaking mess. My arms started to give off a familiar tingle. I haven't gotten that feeling since I stopped cutting. Oliver was looking at me concerned. I realized he could hear my every thought since I didn't put walls up. Immediately, I put up mental walls and laid back down swimming in my own thoughts. My fingers were twitching and the tingle was becoming stronger. I wanted to give in so bad, but I promised Oliver. I always keep my promises. No matter what. I rolled over to face a worried Oliver.

" What did I do this time?" I asked quietly. 

Oliver reached in my nightstand and pulled out a mirror. He showed me my neck which was covered in scratches.The old scabs from my cuts were open and stinging. I must have opened them during my stupid panick attack. Always f***ing something up. Kris is right. I was probably a mistake. Maybe the birth control pill didn't work. Defective condom? Tears welled in my eyes and I wiped them away before Oliver could notice. He must have felt my pain becuase Oliver kissed my forehead.

" You aren't a screw up. You aren't a mistake. Everything is here on Earth for a purpose. If you were a mistake what am I? At least you have Liam. I don't even know my real last name. My real name or anything about myself. You'll never be a mistake in my eyes. I love you Leigh. Please stop thinking this about yourself. It isn't healthy at all. You're making it harder for yourself." he told me.

" I...I try. I try so godd*** hard but when it's all you know, it tends to stay that way." I told him quietly.

Oliver held us together as I took deep breaths. He rubbed my back trying to comfort me. The door slowly opened. Liam stuck his head in. 

" You guys coming down for dinner? We're all eating together. Rosie is cooking." Liam informed us.

" Where's Aiden?" I whispered.

" Downstairs," Liam replied " He and Connor are getting along well." 

I struggled to push myself up. Oliver helped me up and led me downstairs. Rosie was fluttering around the kitchen. Oliver pulled my chair out and I sat down. Aiden and Connor were talking about some football game. Jayden was entranced in his phone, probably texting Joey. Emma went home for the weekend. Liam sat at the head of the table. We hadn't eaten together in a while. Things have been different with Kris gone. They've gotten better for me. Oliver smiled at me across the table. I sat between Aiden and Rosie's spot. 

" It's great to have you back Leigh." Rosie said smiling at me. 

She put various dishes in front of me. I looked at them all undecisive on what to try first. Oliver smriked at me. 

Go for the chicken pasta. It's killer. 

I giggled and reached for the pasta. I filled a portion of it with my plate and grabbed my fork. I was eating when I heard something outside. The doorbell rang accompanied with frantic knocks. Liam rushed and opened the door. CJ was at the door scrambling. 

" They're coming. I was out in the woods on a run and saw them. We need to be ready." CJ blurted.

" What direction are they coming from?" Liam asked slipping into Alpha mode.