Chapter Three

Liam on the side!

Liam had called a pack meeting tonight. Since Kris was gone, he was in charge. Leigh sat on the couch surrounded by wolves. Oliver was listening intently to the meeting. Apparently, rogues were entering their territory. Constantly.

" They have been spotted on the outskirts of Littleton Creek and near the woods. Our neighboring pack have reported that when approached, these rogues go for blood. They have taken out at least thee packs in the Midwest and now they are headed for us. We need to stop them. The Galesburg pack has agreed to join forces with us and fight. Sinclair Pack has taken my idea into consideration. Kris approved of my idea and is trying to come home as soon as possible." Liam said.

Leigh shared a worried glance with Oliver. Kris is coming home soon. And he'd be near Leigh again.

" Leigh and Oliver, you look concerned. Problem?" Liam asked.

Everyone turned and faced the duo. Their stares bore into them as if they could see the real reason on the uncertainty.

'' N-No." Leigh stammered.

Liam looked at her deeply before continuing the meeting. Leigh felt like she couldn't  breathe. THe air had been forced from her lungs. Like Kris had done. Tear threatened to fall from her eyes. Her hands were beging to shake. She was breaking down. Leigh excused herself to her room. She couldn't break down in front of the pack. Breathing heavily, she sat on her bed. Staring out her window, she began to shakein fear. Kris was returning. Back to the pain. Just when the scars began to heal someone had to throw salt in the wounds. Oliver had been helping her talk through it. Now all his efforts would end in nothing. Kris was going to hurt her again. Just like he always did. And it scared her. Taking deep breaths, she slowly calmed herself down. Glancing out the window, she didn't see the black wolf watching her. She grabbed a book and began to read. It was hard because her tears made it hard to read. After 10 minutes of trying to read, Leigh threw the book across her room. Oliver walked in later. One look at her, and he was holding her.

" I'm here. He won't hurt you. I promise." Olive said.

" Oliver, wh-what if you aren't around? You won't always be able to protect me. One day, you'll find your mate and leave me. Just let me go and focus on your future. Someday, you'll have to leave me. Might as well start now." Leigh cried.

Oliver's heart broke a little. She didn't feel the pull. Leigh was his mate! How could she not feel it?!?! Maybe it wasn't the same with humans. Using his thumb, he wiped tears off her face.

'' Don't worry about me. I'm  fine. And I will never leave you Leigh. But you are right. I will find my mate. I just won't leave her. I think I have found my mate. She doesn't realize it yet. I really like her. But she probably doesn't feel the same," he trailed. " Back to you. I think that we should tell Liam. He is Beta and deserves to know. After all he is your legal guardian."

Leigh shook her head furiously.

" Please no! He will be so disappointed in me. Liam will throw me out.Ollie, please!" she pleaded. 

Her eyes were big and pleading. If only she knew the power she held over him with those eyes.

" Leigh, Kris is abusing you. He's hit you before. Kris has raped you. We both know that it is going to keep happening if we don't tell Liam. When was the last time that you have been alone with Kris?"

" He's only forced me once. Kris promised it wouldn't happen again. and we were together last time he was home."

" And now think back. When was the last time you were alone and he didn't hurt you in any way?"