Chapter 27

~Oliver's POV~

I hated myself for lying to Leigh. I lied because I didn't have the heart to tell her what was really going on. My wolf was furious that I had lied to her so easily. Another part of me was worried she'd break down crying. I can't tell her that the war has been raging. I didn't sleep last night because I was out fighting off Kris's hybrid pack. In a one-on-one fight, one of them attacked me and got my shoulder pretty hard. It was killing me today. I knew she didn't believe the pitiful lie I offered, but Leigh seemed a bit off tonight. Leigh was always bubbly and talkative but tonight she was quiet and observant.  I pulled into the driveway and rushed into the house. Liam was nowhere in sight and everyone else was probably catching up on their sleep. The house had been on red alert since she left. Attacks had been coming left and right now. I went into my room and tried to gather a few hours of rest. I was running on fumes. Leigh's fumes to be exact. Being around her was an energy boost. I stripped down to just my boxers and climbed in bed. I fell asleep but it wasn't as deep as the ones where Leigh laid next to me.

I woke up with tight muscles. As I stretched, Jordan walked in. He nodded at me as we exchanged the bro handshake.

" How is Leigh?" he asked.

" Fine. But the people at her new school suck." I answered.

~Leigh's POV~

I went in the my classes and paid no attention. This school was too easy. All of my classes I spent taking notes and then staring out of the window. Jessie was trying to talk to me but I wasn't even listening to her. When lunch rolled around I went to the salad bar again.

You're eating a salad? Figures someone your weight should be trying to cut back.

 I froze then shook my head and looked around. His voice was back.

" Shut up." I hissed before putting up my mental walls.

I could feel him tugging at them but I paid no attention and tried to focus on something else. A girl shot me a look and walked away swiftly. I kept walking with my head held high. Quietly, I sat at my table and ate my food. Hopefully, the voice would go away. Jessie, DJ, Jay, and those other two guys. I sat there in silence as they chatted among themselves.

" Man, you guys missed it. Jessie made the best brownies with the best loud in it. You all should have been there. Blake, why did you punk out anyway?" Jay asked loudly eating his apple.

" Jasper doesn't like it when I do it and thinks its bad. So I stopped." Blake said quietly.

" Man, you're p***y whipped. By a dude?! Wait, so that makes it d*** whipped. Figures after all you are a fag**t." Jay hissed daring Blake to challenge him.

Blake looked dejected and picked at his hands like a child. Jasper looked sad and infuriated but remained quiet.

" What nothing to say fag**t boy?" Jay mocked.

" Shut the f**k up before I make you." I snapped clenching my fist.

Jay looked at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes. I saw shock and a bit of amusement.

" For your information, one of my best friends is gay. And say that word again and I will end you." I threatened.

Jay raised his hands and sat back down. Agitated, I took my lunch and stormed off slamming the cafeteria doors.

~Oliver's POV~

I felt tired. My body was sore and bruised all over. I opened my eyes slowly. The teacher was rambling about something I had no idea about. I was jumping in anticipation to see Leigh tonight. I missed her lips already. They were soft and tasted like vanilla. Shaking my head, I tried to focus on the board. Soon my eyes wandered to the clock. One minute left. As I counted down in my head, my fist clenched. It wasn't me though. It was Leigh. My teeth gritted and I felt anger surging through my veins involuntarily. As I counted down the seconds, the anger built up. I had to talk to her.