Chapter 6

I walked into NIco's house with Dahlia. His entire house was vibrating as we walked up the front porch. Teenagers littered the front yard laughing as thier drinks sloshed around. Dahlia pushed the fron door open and saw the mass amount of people. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the large crowd. It was crazy. I watched guys and girls grind against strangers like stripper poles. There was a girl in the corner of Nico's house giving a boy a lap dance. My eyes were practically popping out of my head. All the heat and energy burning in the room made the room have a sauna like feel to it. I was already sweating in my jean shorts and tee shirt.

" Is this what people consider a birthday party?" I practically yelled over the music.

Dahlia nodded her head looking back.

" Basically. Now we'll just see a bunch of girls throwing themselves at Nico because of his newly acquired status." Dahlia replied.

I cocked my head to the side.

" What new status?" I asked.

Dahlia must not have heard me as she pointed out Nico across the room. He was sitting on the couch while being straddled by some brunette girl. His hands were on her ass and her hands were buried somewhere I didn't want to mention. I shivered and followed Dahlia into the kitchen. She poured a random clear liquid into her cup and took a sip. I examined the bottle hesitantly before filling my red SOLO cup with tap water. 

Nico's party played pretty rad music. Whether or not this was a Pandora station or something, it didn't matter. It was a perfect combination. I was surprised to learn that people in this small town listened to Chicago music. It was a lot of trap and house music but I liked the beats. I sat on the kitchen counter bobbing my head as I scrolled through my phone. I was replying to texts from my friends in Chicago. Dahl went to the bathroom about three minutes ago. The party was still alive and kicking three hours later. It was about midnight now. I was thankful that it was Friday, so my dad worked the graveyard shitfs at the hospital. I didn't have to see him as often on the weekends. Meaning less abuse. I swung my legs on the countertop as I looked into the livingroom. There was a giant mosh pit filled with people swaying and dancing to the music. I watched Dahlia emerge from the crowd with a girl in tow. 

Her dark brown hair was in a pixie cut and she was a few inches taller than me. I smiled at her and waved.

" Rani meet Arabella. Ari, this is my older sister Rani. She graduated last year." Dahlia explained.

" It's really nice to meet you. Dahlly, talks about you at home a lot." Rani added.

I smiled at Dahlia before turning back to Rani. 

" Dahlia was my first friend here. She introduced me to everyone. I have her to thank for really starting my social life." I joked.