Chapter 12

~Oliver's POV~

I tossed and turned in my bed. I missed her terribly. My heart ached every time I saw her because I was holding her. I physically was about to break down when she ran out today. This is all my fault and I couldn't fix it. My wolf was begging me to forgive her but something was holding me back. I couldn't do it. I'm so frustrated! I'm getting puled in two different directions mentally. Half of me wants to forgive while the other wants to make her suffer. I can't tell who to listen to anymore. Groaning, I pulled myself out of my bed and walked downstairs. I grabbed my car keys and left the house. Getting in the car, I sped down the road. I was only driving for 10 minutes when I stopped. I'd driven to a open yet hidden part of the forest and got out. There was a small cliff overlooking a stream. I sat down close to the edge and put my hands in my face. My arms were stinging really badly. It felt like I was repeatedly getting stuck with a needle. It was strongest on my wrist. Whenever I grazed my wrist, the pain tripled. I watched the sun rise as I sat there. I'd discovered this place when I was 12. When I learned I was adopted, I came out here.

This is were I felt like I could completely be safe and alone. Checking my phone, I realized that I needed to get back. It was almost six o' clock. I quickly drove home and quietly walked in the pack house. As I shut the door, I noticed a figure in the living room. Getting closer, I realized it was Leigh. My eyes traveled down her body taking in her presence. She wore shorts and one of MY T-shirts. Leigh looked at me with big eyes and gasped. Her hands flew behind her back. I felt my wolf threatening to break loose. I walked so close to her that any closer our lips would meet. I rested my hands on her hips and focused on the beautiful girl in my arms. I leaned in closer and kissed her gently. Leigh was slow to respond but she eventually did. My wolf was seconds from taking over. When Leigh's hands circled around my waist it took over. I explored her mouth with my tongue. She tasted like cherries. Leigh pulled away and her smile faded. Immediately, Leigh pushed me away and sighed.

" You aren't you. Oliver, I'm not doing this with your wolf." she said running a hand through her hair. 

" You're rejecting me?" I asked hoarsely.

Leigh shrugged and her eyes started to brim with tears. My wolf began whimpering and whining. We were hurting our mate! 

" No! Please, I am myself and I want you back." I cried grabbing her arm.

" Oliver. Let me go." she demanded. 

I released her immediately and Leigh rushed away. I waited until I heard her door close to go to my room. The second my door closed, I exploded. I grabbed my pillow and threw it across the room. All of my homework was shoved to the floor and some was torn apart. Screw that sh**. Breathing heavily, I stopped and sat on my bed. My mate. I'd officially lost her. Over something stupid. I shouldn't have held such a grudge over what she said. She was upset and I knew she was still adjusting to my blood. I'm such an idiot. Checking my phone, I began to get dressed for school. I wore a black polo and chinos. Looking in the mirror, I ran a hand through my hair and grabbed my bookbag. This was going to be a long day.

~Leigh's POV~

Anna woke up as soon as I closed my door. Once she was fully awake I told her everything and cried on her shoulder.

" Why does this have to be so hard? I wanted to forgive him, but I knew that it wasn't really him." I sobbed. 

" That means he wants you really badly if his wolf is taking over. Leigh I promise he still wants you without his wolf making him. Just trust me. Matter a fact, we're going to dress you up so hot today. He'll be dying by the end of class." Anna promised. 

I sniffled and walked into the bathroom while I let Anna pick out my outfit. I let the water run over me and my salty tears were washed away. After I washed my body and hair I turned the shower off and wrapped myself up in a fluffly towel. I walked into my room dripping wet and Anna walked in the bathroom. She brought another outft from home. What she chose forme was already out down to the jewelry. It was a yellow maxidress with a white flower pattern with a bow in the front and a blue necklace. Anna also had me wearing gladiator sandals as well. I put it on and grabbed my bag. Anna came out looking gorgeous as ever. She wore a short dress with a pink stripe going diagonally with chunky spiked heels and bangles. We hurried up and drove to school because we were already late. Even though Anna did all this for me, I still can't help feel sad. A permanent scowl was etched to my face. The both of us walked in the hallway and got plenty of stares. Boys and girls both. Jordan was at Anna's side in a heartbeat with grtted teeth.