Chapter 26

~Leigh's POV~

I unpacked everything. Well technically, I made my bed but that's as far as I'm going to get. I have all of my "dress code appropriate clothes" ready for my first day tomorrow. Aiden was in the kitchen making us pasta. It was a warm and cozy home. And in a different scenario I would adore it's smell and seclusion. I put my new books in my bag and sighed. Aiden called me to the kitchen where we ate by candle. I washed our dishes and went to bed quietly. As I laid there I told myself: This was going to be a new Leigh. A tougher one.

Sunlight flooded my room in the morning. It was actually beautiful. I pulled on a pair of loose jeans, boots and a hoodie. Aiden drove me to school. It was a small building truth be told. There were a lot of people staring at me. Determined, I held my head up high and kept walking. A blonde girl stopped me with her hand. I could already tell we would have a problem. She held herself in a way where you could see she thought she was all that.

" Are you the new girl?" she sneered.

I nodded my head irritably. I don't need anybody bothering me today. She looked me up and down and laughed.

" We have nothing to be worried about girls." she declared to her friends.

" Move." I hissed.

I pushed her arm away from me and barreled past her. She gasped and glared at me. Looks like Blondie is my new enemy. I made my way to the office. The secretary looked at me oddly before acknowledging me.

" You must be Ashleigh Warren. Here's you schedule." she said handing it to me.

I hesitated before I took it and made my way to my first class. Bored, I sat next to the window and stared out of it for the class.

At lunch a boy sat across from me. He had a weird scent and was oddly familiar.

" I'm Jay. And you're cute." he said.

" And you're annoying. Wanna know something else? I'm taken. So back off." I snapped eating my salad.

He smiled and nodded.

" I understand. But you seem cool. Come sit with me and my friends for a few minutes." he offered pointing at his table of friends.

" No." I snapped.

The guy turned to his crew and nodded his head. They all picked up their stuff ad approached us. I groaned and rolled my eyes. Once they sat down, I looked up agitated. There was a brunette guy, a girl with blonde hair, a blonde and a black kid. I rolled my eyes and chomped on my lettuce.

" I'm Blake and this is my boyfriend Jasper." the brunette said pointing at the blonde.

" This is DJ." Jay said pointing to the black kid.

" I'm Jessie. Nice to have a girl in the group." she said.

" I'm not in your little pack." I muttered.

I collected my things and began to storm off. Agitated, I went to the bathroom to be shoved. Blondie was smirking at me. I took a deep breath before saying anything.

" Sweetie, you don't know where I come from. I'm ready to kick your a** and it's only my first day. So I highly recommend that you back off before I hit you so hard they have to fix your nose again." I hissed.

Everyone was looking at our encounter. Her little posse gasped when I said it. More irritated than before, I rolled my eyes and kept walking until I heard her talk.

'' Big talk for such a little body. B****es like you don't last very long around here. I'll destroy you before you realize it." Blondie yelled.

I felt her walking before I turned around. She was face to face with me now. I gave a twisted grin.