Chapter 20

*a month later*

~Oliver's POV~

I'm barely strong enough to think. I can no longer just sleep in her room. I have to spray her perfume almost every day. The war has been a weird one. Kris is sending men out here to fight. We've been doing well with the attacks ad the elders have had a talk with me. Liam has been really stressed lately so Rosie has been sleeping over a lot. I've noticed the mark on Emma and Connor's little walk of arrogance after he's done well. I may not talk but I'm observant. I grasped the and rail as I descended the stairs. My head was spinning and I wanted to vomint. Leigh was with someone else. I dry heaved and ran t the bathroom where I thew up the contents of my stomach. I've barely been eating and sleeping. I'm getting worse every day. If we don't get Leigh back soon enough, I'm going to die. 

~Leigh's POV~

I was hungry. Starving in fact. I hadn't eaten last night because I was too nauseous. Again I tried to contact Oliver. This time instead of the headache I recieved it was easier. I could almost hear his thoughts. It was vague and like a whisper. Carly walked up to me with food and I took it. I was about to take a bite when I realized something. I get the headaches when I eat. The food was so I couldn't communicate with Oliver. Angriy, I waited until Carly left and threw the food in the trash. I went into my room, locked the door and slept. 

I woke up in the middle of the night panting. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and shuddered. Another nightmare. They'd gotten worse since I've been here. No Oliver to calm me. The only part of him I have is my mark, necklace and our matching bracelets. I miss him so much it hurts. But I'm worried. Rosie said if mates are apart to long they can die or fade. It's been a month and I remember how bad it was when it was a day.

Kris knocked on the door and jiggled the key. I jumped up and unlocked it. Kris walked in with a scowl on his face. 

" Carly told me what you said to her." Kris growled.

" What? What did I say?" I mumbled.

" You were being smart and disrespectful." 

" No I wasn't! She's lying!!!!" I yelled. 

Kris reached out and popped me in the mouth. My hands cradled my mouth as tears welled in my eyes. Kris grabbed my by my collar and pulled me really close.

" You will NOT disrespect Carly. You are to kiss the ground she spits on. Leigh, you are the crap at the bottom of an old Porta Potty while Carly is untouchable. If I ever hear her tell me you were disrespectful, that'll be the end of you." Kris said.

He flung me across the room and my shoulder hit the wall. Angrily, Kris stormed out and slammed the door. I started cry into my hands loudly. I sat on my bed and took of the necklace he gave me. It was too precious. If Kris ever found out Oliver gave it to me, he'd destroy me and it. And this necklace was my only string of hope. The last piece of home I have with me. Something that can constantly remind me of him. Oliver told me that it is to remind me to be strong and that someone loves me. I wiped tears away with my sleeve and sat up straighter. I tried to use our mind link to talk. It was strained but the voices stayed the same level. Barely a whisper. I realized that I wouldn't be eating for a while if I wanted to talk to Oliver. 

-two weeks later- 

I got up from the bed dizzy. Another job. I took the money he left on the bedside table after I gor dressed and walked home. I rushedinto my room after mumbling a hello at Carly. I was going through my clothes to wash when a piece of paper fell. I reached to pick it up and realized it was the guy on the plane's number. I smiled at it and tucked it into my bed. It was going next to my necklace. Like a prison cell, I had to keep somethings to remain sane. Kris came in and threw his clothes at me yelling to get them done. I could smell the marijuana radiating off of him. It made my room stink so I said okay to get him out. Kris smiled at me.