Chapter 9

~Leigh's POV~

He loves me. I've never felt this way before. Oliver is the first person I've ever felt this way with. I hope this feeling never ends. We laid together under a willow treee. The tree branches above us swayyed with the wind. Oliver leaned over and kissed my cheek. I scooted closer to his warm body. 

" You're so beautiful. And you're mine." he whispered in my ear. 

His warm breathe tickled my ear and sent shivers down my spine. I turned my head the slightest and pressed my lips against his. His skin was soft and the way he smelled drove me crazy. Oliver smelled like the woods and mint. Probably mint chapstick. Oliver forced my mouth open and his tongue made his way into my mouth. Our tongues danced around and I rolled on top of him. I was straddling him by now and Oliver was getting more and more fierce with his kisses. Suddenly, I heard a phone. Then I felt it vibrating against my upper thigh. Oliver reached into his pocket and pulled his phone out.

" Hello?" 

Oliver kept his arms around me and ran his hand up and down my thigh. 

" Wait, what do you mean? Liam, calm down. She and I are together. C-Can we talk about this later? Please I don't think now is the time to talk about this. I'll talk to you later Li. I gotta go. BYEEE!" Oliver said.

" What's going on? What did Liam want?"

" Nothing. Just some stuff between me and him. Don't worry 'bout it okay babe?" he covered up. 

Oliver sat up against the trunk of the tree and adjusted me on his lap. Then he buried his face in my hair and kissed my collarbone. I pushed him away gently and shook my head.

" You aren't getting off that easily. Now what is going on? Oliver I want to know." I demanded.

" Just a few details from last night. That's all. Don't worry your pretty little head off." he reassured me. 

I brushed him off and looked around. There were trees all around. 

" Shift."

Oliver moved away from me and a look of concern washed on his face. He stepped away and shifted into wolf form. 

~Liam's POV~

I set my phone down and waited frantically in the sun room. A neighboring pack had alerted me that there were a scattered amount of rouges heading this way. And they were deadly. I called Oliver first because I wanted Leigh home. Immediately. The front door opened and I jumped to my feet. Jayden walked in grinning and blushing. I sighed and sat back down.

" Well nice to see you too," he said rolling his eyes. " What's got you all uptight? Who pushed the stick in your butt up farther?"

" Rouges. And Leigh is still not home." I said through gritted teeth.

Jayden patted my shoulder and laughed.  

" Chill. I'm sure she's with Oliver and if anything goes wrong Oliver will go possesive mate. I swear he's almost as protective as an Alpha mate." Jayden murmured at the end. 

Jayden made his way up the stairs and closed his bedroom door. I turned my head back to the window and waited. I'm praying they make it home okay.

~Oliver's POV~

I shifted back immediately. I held Leigh against my bare chest and kissed the crown of her head. Then I heard a twig snap.But it was so soft my enhanced hearing barely caught it. So I know that Leigh didn't hear it. My wolf was alert and felt the urge to lead our mate to safety. Leigh glanced at my face and scrunched her mouth into a pout. I saw a shadow behind a tree.