Listen To Me

Grian's POV

"Listen to me, X.." I said weakly, my voice almost inaudible.

"Grian, I'm here." Xisuma said, "I'm here."

"The Watchers.."

"Grian, we have none here. They're all gone."

"No.. X.. Powers.."

"Your powers are gone."

I gathered what little strength I had and grabbed Xisuma's chest plate.

"I need you to listen to me. They're coming for you. They want both our heads on stakes. They'll kill us."

"Grian, lay back down." He removed my hands, gently laying me back down, "You're weak, I need you to regenerate your strength. You're in a really dangerous critical state right now. Just relax."

"I can't relax when I know someone is coming for us."

"People are always going to be after us. But that's not what I'm worried about."

"Then what are you worried about?"

"You. You're body temperature is dangerously low. Your body is reacting very oddly with this entire setback."

"You should be worried about the other hermits..."

"Grian, I know I should be worried about them, but nothing's been happening. I don't think they can track us."

"They can track you."

"No one can get here."

"You're wrong..."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I said, you're wrong. Everyone is in danger."

"Grian-"

"No. X, worry about the others. Forget about me."

"You know I'm not going too. I'm not going to let you die."

I felt a warm tear stream down my face, "Some people are worth dying for."

"Don't talk like that, Grian. We'll get through this."

I could hear his voice breaking. It was a slight break, but it still sent out his broken heart at my words.

"Xisuma, I'm on the verge of death... There's no way I'm getting out of this alive."

"You're going too. Whether you think so or not."

I didn't want to argue with him. I didn't want him to think that I didn't want to live.

I do.

He didn't cause this...

He never did.

He wouldn't.

He loves me more than words could speak.

He never wanted this reality to be mine. No matter how much he'd try and prevent it.

"I don't want you to take care of me 24/7 X."

"What if I want to?"

"All I want to know is that you're going to be okay."

"No matter where you go."

"No matter what you do."

"I just want you safe."

It's all I ever wanted for you.