Run Away

~Xisuma's POV~

Grian kept seeing things for the next week since I uncorrupted his code. I've been in close proximity to him in case he went into a psych attack from seeing something that wasn't there. He'd always call out my name when he knew that I was near.

I've been trying to keep him calm ever since he saw a Watcher that wasn't actually there. When he got that scared his fingertips started to sharpen like before. But I noticed immediately and calmed him enough to where he could only really see me and focus on my voice.

Ever since that attack I've been trying to figure out what causes them in him. I've come up with nothing and it's always seemed random.

Today however, I had to tell Grian that I needed to check on my shops and restock them. If he felt something was wrong to give a shout at me for help if he could.

~Grian's POV~

Ever since the corruption I've not been the same ever since. There were some days where I couldn't think clearly enough to do daily tasks. Those tasks kept me sane however. 

I had just finished restocking a chest when it felt like a large blanket of darkness filled my head and sight. My body physically fell against the chest. 

Focus Grian... This isn't real. Calm down...

My heart was beating out of my chest, my breathing was waved and stuttered.

"Grian!"

At the call of my name it pulled me out of the trance and I looked over at the person who called. 

"Impulse! Hey." I said still catching my breath.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, "I came by to see if you were ready to talk about the new barge expansion."

"Wha- OH. Yeah, no I'm.." I rubbed my eyes with one hand before continuing, "I'm fine, uh.. Yeah, let's talk."

~3rd Person~

As the two hermits were talking, they walked out to the smaller barge where Grian had built it.

Their talk was inaudible as Grian tried to focus on the talk instead of the items and illusions that weren't there. He knew that Xisuma was away for a few because he had shops to take care of as well, but Grian just couldn't help but feel like something was wrong.

In the distance there was someone not of their world watching Grian as he talked to Impulse.

After the assailant identified Grian, he looked into his logs and noticed that there were supposed to be two Watchers in this world. 

When Xisuma walked out of his shop the assailant knew that he was the other one immediately.

When Xisuma started running, the assailant watched from above to see what was happening.

"So he's the corrupted Watcher."

~Xisuma's POV~