Release

When Xisuma jumped down to the ground, he whispered to Grian.

"Stay here."

Grian nodded and took a couple steps back, Iskall and Mumbo stopping him with single hands on his shoulders.

A laughter was heard around the corner.

"X!" Grian shouted, but Iskall and Mumbo held him back, "Guys, Xisuma-"

"We will help Xisuma." Doc said walking over, "Iskall, Mumbo, keep him there."

"I'm not a child!"

"You're still too injured to fight!" Mumbo said, "We aren't letting you fight anyone yet."

"Mumbo-"

"Grian, we aren't losing you to Sam or any of the Watchers. We can't. Doc, go help X."

"No, Mumbo! That's Sam's laugh. He's still in the server!"

"WE KNOW."

"Wait.. You.. You know?"

"That's why we're in this meeting you weirdo. I thought X told you."

"He.. He did.. I guess I forgot."

"Memory issues from everything you've been through. It's okay, it's normal."

"It's just Sam-"

"He isn't your problem. Okay? Let Xisuma and Doc handle it."

A couple moments later, Doc and Xisuma walked out from the corner.

"He's gone." Xisuma said, "He must have bolted before we got there. Keep an eye out."

Xisuma grabbed Grian's wrist and pulled him out of the town hall like a kid in trouble.

"X.. X!" Grian said trying to get his attention, "XISUMA STOP WALKING AND LISTEN TO ME."

Xisuma sighed and turned towards him, "What?"

"X, I'm not a child. Yes I'm weaker than I used to be, but that doesn't mean I don't know my way around a sword. I need you to understand that." Grian said, "You can't keep dragging me in and out of places that you're going and leaving from. You keep treating me like a five year old that's in trouble in the market. I need you to understand that I don't need to be watched 24/7."

"Grian I-"

"You've been extremely obsessive and overprotective lately. I know you're worried. I know you're scared. I know you want me safe. But you need to start giving me some space. How am I supposed to get better when you won't let me on my own once in a while?"

"Okay. Fine." Xisuma said admitting defeat, "No flying."

"Suma."

Xisuma sighed, "Stay close to the ground. For me?"

"If it'll make you happy, I'll stay close to the ground."

"Okay..." Xisuma hugged Grian then let him be alone for the day.

Grian went to his barge after watching Xisuma fly away.

After a while, someone spoke to him, "So Xisuma is actually leaving you alone?"

"Yeah, but clearly not really, Iskall." Grian chuckled, "There's vultures everywhere."

"What?"

"You, I've seen Mumbo around, I'm pretty sure Scar is here somewhere. I think he's on the second floor." Grian said looking up to the second floor, "So yeah, not completely alone."