'All Those Years Ago'

(Word Count: 1590)

Y/N

I wrapped my arms around Richie's neck, "Richie, I swear to god."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," Richie said, with his hands on my waist, edging closer to the end of the cliff. 

He looked down at the quarry, then back up to me, "On a count of three, we're gonna jump."

I shook my head in complete disagreement, "Richie, I said no."

He began to count, "Three..."

I squirmed under his grip, "Richie no!"

He continued, "Two..."

"I'm gonna fucking kill you Richard!"

His grip became tighter, "One!"

I held onto him tighter, being forced off the cliff, screaming down the fall. I held my breath, as I felt the cold water rush over my body.

Pushing off Richie's shoulders, I came up for air. 

"YOU ASSHOLE!"

Richie swam up to the surface, only for me to shove his head back down under the water. I flipped the hair out of my face, swimming my way to shallow. 

Richie splashed around in the water, "Y/N, HELP! I CAN'T SEE!"

I thought to myself, "Shit, his glasses."

I swam over to the boy so I could guide him back to shallow. Suddenly he stopped drowning, and held onto my waist.

He brought his arm up to put his glasses on.

 "Found them."

"I hate you," I scoffed.

"Love you too," Richie replied, swiftly kissing my forehead.

The two of us looked up to the cliff, hearing shouts that sounded like the other losers.

"HOW DARE YOU TWO COME HERE WITHOUT US!"

Along with Stanley, Eddie shouted, "WHEN WE COME DOWN THERE YOU GUYS BETTER HAVE CLOTHES ON." 

One by one, all six of them jumped from the cliff. We continued the day, splashing around and playing games with our friends. For a second in between the moment, I thought to myself.

"Is this where we'll be every summer for the rest of our lives?" 

For almost four years the eight of us spent each summer together, at the quarry, in the club house, or riding bikes around town. Despite what happened in middle school, we always found a way to have fun. It worried me. Being sixteen, my last summer before worrying about the next. I mean, next year we start senior year. Then what? By then we'll be eighteen, and what do we all plan on doing. Staying in Derry, repeating every summer like the last? Sure it was great, but...

Is that what I wanna do?

Pulling me out of my thoughts, I felt two arms hold me from behind.