'Our Song'

(Word Count: 804)

A/N: LISTEN TO THE SONG BEFORE READING OR IT WON'T MAKE SENSE.

Y/N

"WHAT IS THIS? WHY IS THIS ON?" asked Finn, as I turned up the volume. 

I replied with a smile, "The playlist you made four years ago."

"TURN IT OFF, Y/N," Finn screamed, attempting to take my phone away.

"FINN STOP, I'M GONNA CRASH."

Finn sat back in his seat, crossing his arms. I looked at his embarrassed posture, and began laugh.

"YESTERDAY I GOT SO OLD, I FELT LIKE I COULD DIE."

Finn glared at me, as I sang my heart out to one of the songs he added to this playlist. 

"YESTERDAY I GOT SO OLD, IT MADE ME WANT TO CRY," I continued, watching the road ahead of me. 

I drove through a long road of trees, where the sky was clear blue. My window was rolled all the way down, making my hair fly behind me. 

Bopping my head, I mumbled the rest of the lyrics under my breath, careless of the annoyed Finn who sat beside me. 

"Go on, go on. Just walk away. Go on, go on. Your choice is made."

I looked over to Finn, who sat with his face in his hands.

"You don't like my singing?" I asked, giggling over the music. 

He brought his head up, looking glum. I playfully shoved his shoulder, making him fail to hide his smile. 

For a second Finn sat back in his seat while I continued to drive. I took notice, as his head began to slightly bop along with the music. 

He then sat up, and sang his heart out.

"YESTERDAY I GOT SO SCARED, I SHIVERED LIKE A CHILD."

I watched him in laughter, while glancing back at the road every now and then. 

"YESTERDAY AWAY FROM YOU, IT FROZE ME DEEP INSIDE."

The two of us died of laughter, the second we sang the rest of the lyrics in sync.

"COME BACK, COME BACK. DON'T WALK AWAY. COME BACK, COME BACK. COME BACK TODAY. COME BACK, COME BACK. WHAT CAN'T YOU SEE? COME BACK, COME BACK. COME BACK TO ME."

Finn held my right hand, while my left held on for dear life to the steering wheel. I laughed, as he continued to sing aloud to me.

His eyes were scrunched together, while his mouth sang the words, "And I know I was wrong, when I said it was true. That it couldn't be me and be her, inbetween without you."

The song continued to play, as Finn sat back in his seat, and I could finally drive without being worried I'd crash. 

"I swear this song brings me back," Finn spoke, out of breath.

"Brings you back to what?" I asked.

A huge smile grew upon Finn's lips. 

"Brings me back to the days when I had the biggest crush on you," Finn laughed. 

He continued, "I would listen to this song on repeat, and the whole time, I thought about you." 

I smiled to myself, mentally screaming that he had a song for me. 

"Really?" I chuckled.

"Yep. This whole playlist is about you," Finn said, picking up my phone.

He scrolled through it, and read the songs aloud. 

"Boys Don't Cry.. Lovesong.. Africa.. Lost Weekend.. Zensenzense.." 

Finn gasped, "OH MY GOD THIS ONE."

"THIS ONE RIGHT HERE."

He pointed to one of the songs on the playlist, it was 'Let Her Go,' by Mac Demarco.

"I would listen to this all the time after we shared earbuds on the way to the after party," he laughed.

My eyes widened in rememberance,

"OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT."

I laughed as I watched the road.

"I remember you and I sat together in the back seats, while Jack sat upfront with the aux chord. He started singing, and my ears began to bleed, so I literally just took your earbud out, and put it in mine."

The two of us smiled at the memory.

"And then, you turned to volume up, and we listened to the song for the whole drive. I started listening to it all the time too."

Finn stared at me in awe, surprised that the two of us related so much to just a song. He then clicked my phone, and the song began to play. 

"Tell her that you love her, if you really love her.."

I drove home, thinking about how young Finn and I used to be. It was perfect, and weird, all at once. The two of us sitting in the car, listening to our song. Just like we did four years ago, when we were clueless that we'd still be together til this day. 

-

A/N

(i literally just started writing this after listening to some of finn's playlists he has opened on spotify. please don't forget to vote and comment!)