'Young, and in Love'

(Word Count: 406)

Y/N

"When did you know you loved me?"

I looked up at Finn, his eyes already on mine.

"When did I know I loved you?" I questioned.

He nodded his head. 

"Well.."

I looked back down at Finn's hands, continuing to paint his finger nails black. 

"For me, I can't just love someone instantly. So there was never really one moment that told me I was in love with you. It like, developed over time you know? My love for you grew, and it's still growing. There's these moments when I look at you, and I know. I know I love you."

I looked back up at the boy, he was smiling to himself. 

"What?"

He chuckled before shaking his head.

"It's nothing."

I put the paint brush back into the bottle.

"No tell me. What about you? When did you know you loved me?"

He started laughing hysterically, then mumbled, "When you rejected me."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Really? That's when you knew?"

Finn snorted, "Yep."

"Finn we were thirteen."

"I KNOW."

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS AT THIRTEEN."

"WELL I DID, OKAY?"

I mentally face palmed. I just gave him a whole explanation on when I knew, and he tells me this shit-

I continued, "Why then? Why was it when I rejected you, that made you fall in love with me?"

"Because. The way you did it made me love you for some reason."

"You're fucking weird Finn."

2016

"JUST DO IT."

I looked up from my phone, the door swung open and Finn was thrown into the room. 

"Hi." 

"What are you doing?"

"They're making me do this by the way," Finn mentioned, pointing at my bedroom door. Caleb and Gaten were peeking in between the crack. 

"Making you do what?"

"Nothing. Anyways, willyoubemygirlfriend?"

I was starting to get annoyed with their boyish immaturities and decided to mess with them.

"No, I'm a lesbian."

Finn slapped his hand over his mouth in shock, sprinting out of my hotel room.

My bedroom door slammed shut, and I could here the boys whispering on the other side.

"SHE SAID NO BECAUSE SHE'S A LESBIAN."

"WHAT?"

"I THINK SHES LYING, BUT I DON'T KNOW."

-

"I told you I was gay so you'd leave me alone," I explained.

Finn continued to laugh.

"I know."

I stood up from the couch and walked away to my room, Finn shouting to me.

"I LOVE YOU."