Thirty One - Hongjoong?

Wooyoung

"Kim Hongjoong..?!" Without hesitation Wooyoung opened the door quickly. He grabbed Hongjoong's hand and practically pulled him into his apartment before shutting the door immediately.

"Ouch!"

Wooyoung frowned when he heard the voice. He slowly turned to face the man he'd so easily let into his apartment. And to his surprise it was his ex. "Oh for fucks sake Yeosang!"

"Wow nice to see you too. I'm fine thank you for asking." Yeosang rolled his eyes and invited himself in. He kicked off his shoes and made his was to the couch.

"Sorry.. I was expecting someone else." Wooyoung sighed and scratched his head in frustration.

The latter raised his eyebrows slightly before cocking his head to the couch opposite him. The man was acting as if that was his apartment. Wooyoung let it pass before taking a seat. "I heard what happened. Thought I'd check up on you. I know how much of a friend Hongjoong was to you. I can't believe he's gone just like that. Although I didn't know him that well, he was a very good man-"

"He's not dead."

"Really?" Yeosang asked. His attention was now 100% on Wooyoung.

"No... I mean he's dead. But I have a feeling he isn't. There's just no way he could die that easily. I know him way too well. He wouldn't let himself die like that." Wooyoung's eyes welled up, he could barely make out Yeosang's silhouette as it made his way next to Wooyoung.

A hand was now on his back and he felt small taps. "It's hard I get it. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love trust me. I'm very familiar with that feeling.

"No.. you don't get it." Wooyoung wiped his tears away before looking over at Yeosang. Wooyoung placed his own hand over his heart. "I feel it in here. He's still alive somewhere believe me."

"I do..." They both sat there in silence before Yeosang spoke up again. "How's San doing? I heard you two got into a fight."

"Word travels that quickly huh? Yeah we got into a fight. You could say I started it in some ways."

Yeosang gave Wooyoung a baffled look. "You? You started the fight? I don't believe that in any way. Jung Wooyoung I've known you for way longer than I would have liked to and there is no way you started that fight."

"Well surprise surprise I did. Let just say I told him stuff he didn't like to hear." Wooyoung hated lying. He hated the whole idea of it, especially since it had hurt him too many times. However he needed to make up as many excuses as possible. If Yeosang was still Wooyoung's boyfriend he would have told him the truth. But right now, he isn't. He's with Seonghwa, and seeing how he's also the leader of the guards, who knew what he might say to others. And frankly, Wooyoung doesn't know if he could trust him or not.

"Oh boy you didn't. Don't tell me you did what I think you did. Tell me you did not just reject his feelings for you." When Wooyoung didn't reply he continued. "You totally did didn't you?!"

Wooyoung laughed nervously. "Hahaha... you got me." He secretly prayed San never finds out about this ever. San would most likely believe everything and Wooyoung's chance of confessing would go flying out the window. Great. "Just don't tell anyone though. Not even Seonghwa."

Oh who was he kidding? Knowing Yeosang he wouldn't even hesitate to spill the tea, especially other people's. At this rate news might even reach the other side of the world for all Wooyoung knew.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." Yeosang smiled to reassure him in someways. But Wooyoung knew exactly what hid behind that smile and he didn't like it in anyway.

After what seemed like an hour of catching up with each other, Yeosang decided it was finally his time to leave. He got up and made his way to the main entrance where he proceeded to put on his shoes.

"Hey Yeosang?" Wooyoung spoke up

"Hmm?"

"I know this might sound weird but if you still haven't found any job would you mind coming back to the company for a little bit? I'm going to be a bit busy for a while and I don't think I can handle all these patients on my own. I mean you don't need to if you don't want to-"

Once Yeosang was finished putting on his shoes he stood up straight and looked at Wooyoung. "I thought you'd never ask. Don't worry I've got this." He patted Wooyoung's shoulder a couple of times before opening the door. "I'll see you at work tomorrow."

"Thanks."

____________

San

He was getting absolutely annoyed with everything. San felt powerless. He couldn't even do anything for the person he loved and no one in this prison told him anything. They were all useless, not even Seonghwa, who was usually on his side, would help him. According to Seonghwa, San could "no longer be trusted" and that he'd "gone too far". It really sucked to have no one to trust other than himself.

At least in a week he'd be allowed to leave for a day. He'll go see Wooyoung secretly and tell him everything he needed to know. San just needed to handle a couple of days in self isolation before being able to see him.

San heard a couple of steps outside before his cell door opened. A familiar man walked in with two other men beside him. "Choi San." The man spoke up.

"Choi Jongho." San uttered. "What do you need? I'm not in the mood for you."

"Likewise. I came to tell you your case is on trial again." Jongho checked San for any reactions but San didn't give him anything to pick on. "Before you get your hopes up thinking you can make it out, you're on trial for the murder of Kim Hongjoong along with the..." Jongho turned to the men beside him. "How many people was it?"

"Over 30 sir." The man replied.

Jongho frowned before placing his hands behind his back. "You're on trial for the murder of Kim Hongjoong and 30 other people." He turned to leave but suddenly stopped. "Oh and prepare to be transferred at the end of the month."

"Transferred?" San spoke up. "What do you mean? Transferred where?"

"You'll be transferred to another prison with a higher level of security. One more suitable for... your type. That will be all from me. Enjoy your stay here while it lasts." Jongho laughed in a mocking manner before taking his leave.

San cursed underneath his breath. He's going to be separated from the people he loved. His sister, his mother and more importantly.. Wooyoung. He didn't even know the rules of that new prison, whether they'd allow visitors or not. San's could feel his anger quickly building up, he didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay beside Wooyoung. All he wanted was a peaceful, normal life. Was that really too much to ask for?

Heyy!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tell me what you thought. Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed.

Who is excited for Ateez's comeback? Cuz I sure as hell am. I'm bout to get attacked these next few days. 🥲

Also I know I asked this question before but I'm planning on starting another ff soon so can you tell me again which ship you want. Before it was a draw between Woosan and Seongjoong. Can you give me your opinions here and I'll compare with the other post I made bout this.