Eighteen - Are You Angry?

San   

San was in his cell thinking of where he was going to with Wooyoung, when he heard a loud knock on his cell door.

"You have a visitor." San couldn't recognise whose voice that belonged to but he didn't give it that much thought.

He stood up and followed the usual protocol, placing his hands through the little opening and allowing the guards to place their cuffs. The guard then opened the door and walked San to the meeting room where he first met Wooyoung.

However instead of the young cheeky man San fell for, someone else greeted him. A man with slicked back black hair and a red suit with what seemed to be velvet fabric. He stood up and held his hand out to greet San.

San paid no further attention and immediately pulled a chair to sit down, leaving the black haired man standing with his arm extended. The man laughed nervously and pulled his arm back towards him hesitantly. He sat back down and cleared his throat. "I'm Kim Hongjoong, a lawyer." When San didn't show any reaction the lawyer added. "Doctor Jung Wooyoung sent me here. He told me about your situation and asked me to help you."

The prisoner chuckled. "No need for me to introduce myself right? I'm pretty sure he told you my name."

"Yes, Choi San. Now what Wooyoung didn't tell me was everything you told him about your killings and all. Would you perhaps mind informing me?"

San didn't know if he should trust this lawyer or not. He didn't even know the guy. "Shouldn't you at least give a few reason why I should trust you?"

Hongjoong sighed. "One, Doctor Wooyoung sent me here so obviously he trusts me. Second, I'm the best lawyer you can find here. Three, I've dealt with many cases like yours so I have a lot of experience." The lawyer gave San a very firm look.

The prisoner sighed before nodding. "Okay. You better be as good as you say you are. I'm only trusting you because Woo-" San stopped and cleared his throat. "...Wooyoung brought you here."

"Thank you. Now let's get started." Hongjoong took out a small a5 sized notebook and a blue fountain pen. "I'm going to start with questions first. You can choose to answer truthfully or you can lie. Just know anything you say will be held against you in court." San nodded giving the lawyer the 'okay' to carry on. "First question, why did you kill all those victims? Like I said anything you say will be held against you."

"Family."

Hongjoong quickly jotted what San said before looking back up at him when San didn't continue. "Could you perhaps give me a little more information? It would help me argue your case better in court."

San hated having to remember a those memories again and having to tell them to someone else. But it he wanted to get out of prison then he'd have to be honest with this man.

"My family consists of four people. Me, my mother, my younger sister and my father. My father... he was involved in a lot of shady businesses which often harmed me, my mother and sister. When I was around 12 my dad got caught by the police and was in prison for little over a year. After he was released he became violent. He began assaulting my mother first. And soon after I grew up he dragged me into this shady business of his. My dad couldn't afford getting arrested again so he made me do his dirty work. That included killing people off for him. If I refused he'd... hurt my mum and sister."

There was a long silence while the lawyer finished writing all the key information. Hongjoong looked up at him, no evidence of remorsefulness or any other emotions on his face. His expressions remained the same all the way through. "Do you have any evidence that can support your statement?"