Thirty Seven - Breakdowns

Wooyoung

Wooyoung barged into his apartment, he'd slammed the door shut behind him so hard that he got a comment from Hongjoong. "Yo dude chill-"

"What is it with people telling me to chill today?!" Wooyoung burst out. "I am perfectly calm for gods sake!!" He'd walked over to the fridge and grabbed himself a cold drink.

"You are most definitely not calm." Hongjoong put a little more emphasis on the 'not'. He'd recieved a sideward glare from Wooyoung which led him to be more mindful of what he should say later on. "So...? Are you okay?"

The doctor let out a loud groan before slamming his drink onto the counter. "The fucker left me!"

"Fucker...?" Hongjoong replied in confusion. "...And that is?"

"San! Choi God damn San! He just up and left like that! And what does he leave for me? A fucking message telling me to go sort out my issues." Wooyoung let out a disappointed laugh. "I have issues?! Says the one that's locked up behind damn bars! To think I even trusted that disgusting man..-"

"Woah woah woah! I think we skipped a few chapters. Rewind for a quick minute. What the hell happened?" Hongjoong interrupted. He'd never felt so lost before. "Okay so from what I understood... he left you. Left you to go where?"

"He got transferred to another prison."

Hongjoong nodded slightly. "And that bothers you, why...?"

"Because he didn't tell me! He leaves just like that after promising he'd stay by my side! And then he just ups and leaves not even a week after saying that! All he leaves are the most disgusting words I've yet to hear! Who the fuck does he think he is to say that to me-"

"Can you just shut up for two seconds?!" Hongjoong raised his voice catching Wooyoung by surprise which surprising got him to quieten down. "Now. Why are you so bothered by him leaving? And before you start a whole speech I want one short sentence for an answer."

"We started dating." Wooyoung responded shortly like the older asked.

"Pause! You two did what? When? How?" Hongjoong's mouth dropped in disbelief.

"We started dating like a week ago... however we both had feelings for each other a long time ago-"

Hongjoong interrupted. "Hold on. While I was practically dying, you two were flirting?"

The doctor sent Hongjoong a guilty look. Even Wooyoung wasn't very pleased by his own actions. He tried to hold off dating San for the longest time but that didn't work out too well. "Even I'm not too happy about getting with him during that time, but he got a little bit too impatient and things just ended up turning out that way."

"Too impatient huh..?" Hongjoong gave a sideward glance to Wooyoung before a smirk crept on his face.

"It's not what you think! We didn't do any of that sort." Wooyoung quickly interrupted.

Hongjoong's smirk widened. "And how do you know what I'm thinking?"

"Hongjoong! Stop trying to trick me! We've got bigger problems to deal with."

"Yeah you're right... back to your interrogation. Where'd he go?" Hongjoong straighted his back slightly, mimicking detectives in an interrogation room.

"He got transferred. But that's not what I'm bothered about. It's the fact he could have told me but didn't, and all he leaves are hurtful words that make no sense. He got the prison head to personally inform me that I need to 'separate my work life from my private life' oh and that I'm 'very unprofessional as a doctor.'"

"Did it even occur to you that he might not have been the one who said that?" The lawyer interrupted.

Wooyoung quietened down and took a minute to organise his thoughts. He shook his head slightly. "It can't be. No one knew about us."

"And how do you know that?" Hongjoong added.

Frankly, Wooyoung didn't know. There was no way he would be able to find out what was real and what was fake. San hurt his feelings, regardless of whether he was the one who left him the message or not. The fact that he didn't even bother to tell his boyfriend about something so important is what hurt Wooyoung. It had him questioning everything he ever knew. Were San's feelings for him true? Or was that just a lie as well? Was San really telling the truth about everything regarding his father? Or was he just using Wooyoung to lessen his own sentence?

Wooyoung's eyes started stinging, a few tears dropped down his face. He stared at the floor, not bothering to wipe the tears from his cheeks. "This won't do..." Hongjoong sighed. "I won't have you crying over a guy for the hundredth time." The lawyer got up and slowly made his way next to Wooyoung. He placed a hand on the latter's shoulder and gently patted it.

Wooyoung leaned into Hongjoong's chest and let the tears run down. The older didn't say much and let Wooyoung cry for as long as he needed. All Hongjoong did was pat his back in reassurance. It was a way of telling Wooyoung he was not alone.

It took around 15 minutes for Wooyoung to calm down. Hongjoong hesitated for a second before gathering the courage to crack a joke. "You've got really shit taste in men... You know I'm not too bad myself, if you skip over the state I'm in." He chuckled quietly, surprisingly he managed to get a positive reaction from Wooyoung.

"I really do have a shit taste don't I..? You're not any better though."

Hongjoong raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Oh? Do elaborate. What's so bad about me?"

"Your jokes." Wooyoung replied plainly. Hongjoong laughed out loudly, causing the younger to laugh slightly. There was a moment of silence between them before Wooyoung gently added, "Thank you.. for being here with me. You know for making me feel a little better."

"I don't want to say anytime because frankly I don't want any other man to hurt you like this again, but... just know I'm always there for you no matter what. You're my best friend." Hongjoong patted Wooyoung's head and gave him a quick smile. "I don't want to be the type to ask this question but it needs to be asked."

Wooyoungs heart hammered against his chest. He knew exactly what Hongjoong wanted to ask and matter of fact, Wooyoung didn't know what exactly he wanted to do.

"Do you want to visit him?"

"I don't know... I want to see him and check whether he meant what he said or if someone else made it up." Wooyoung replied. "I'm just scared. I'm scared the truth isn't going to be what I want to hear."

Hey!

I've decided to start doing monthly updates because I'm in my last year of college and I have loads of exams  and uni applications to do. So I won't have enough time to write. I hope you understand and are not too bothered by it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please vote and leave a comment.