Chapter 15

Sloane let out a small groan as the cold wind blew into her room, today was the arrival of the sheriff's daughter. Her peers had been whispering about it for weeks. She did not understand why this girl appealed to the people of Forks so much, but then again small towns thrived on newcomers and gossip. It had been two years since they moved to Forks and Sloane had found herself getting comfortable in the small town.

It took her fifteen minutes to get out of her bed and trudge downstairs where Rosalie sat sipping her tea, purple eyes met hers for a brief second before returning to the TV. "Good morning, Rosa, may I ask where our mates are?" Rosalie at that moment chugged the rest of her peppermint tea and pointed outside. Sloane looked at the woman with a strange expression before walking to the balcony and looking at the lake before she sighed and just walked inside.

"It's too early for vodka, it's too early for vodka" was all the woman muttered before pouring herself a cup of bourbon and lowering herself directly in front of the fireplace. Nursing the drink like it was her pride and joy. Rosalie stared at her blankly "I thought you said it's too early for vodka?" Sloane just looked at her for a few seconds before replying "I never said anything about bourbon".

Rosalie glanced at the watch on her arm and then at Sloane "It's 5:50 in the morning" the ancient queen only smirked and grabbed her phone "It's 5 pm somewhere in the world" The blonde could not help but nod in agreement before snatching the cup and taking a large gulp before returning it to Sloane's hands.

At 5:50 in the morning, Jasper and Emmett decided that today was a perfect day to train with Kate Denali and her gift. While they had blocked the bond off to prevent the girls from getting hurt it was another one of their stupid training ideas. Worst yet their cousin Percy thought it would be fun to join them while Annabeth who was used to seeing the stupidity of the male species just lounged in the chair reading.

Sloane drained the cup and placed it in the sink before making her way into her private bath she quickly turned on the water, stripping out of the clothes she had just stepped into the scalding hot water. It helped her ignore her annoyance with Jasper's actions and focus on herself. The shower door slid open, and Jasper let himself in wrapping an arm and her waist.

"I'm sorry darling" he mumbled as he pressed several kisses on her neck and shoulder, hoping that she would be calm. Sloane just stayed silent not uttering a word. Jasper could feel her annoyance and disappointment and could not help but feel a bit guilty "I won't leave you in bed alone anymore I promise" Sloane smiled and turned to place a soft kiss on his lips "That is what I wanted to hear."

The two finished their shower and quickly dressed, "Rosa we are ready to go?" Sloane said as she packed the last container into a thermal bag that she would later put in her locker. She watched as Emmett walked down with a frown "Hey you mind if we take separate rides today?" Sloane tilted her head and sighed "Rosalie either you get your butt in the car or no mechanic privileges for a month".

The blonde quickly appeared it was winter, and most people would be freezing, luckily Rosalie knew to dress appropriately. Once again, she was matching with Emmett the two stuck to a colour scheme of black and blue on occasion they would dabble in reds and greens.

Rosalie wore a light blue cashmere jumper that clung to her frame over it was a black trench coat her jumper stopped about mid-thigh allowing her favourite pair of black jeans to shine. As usual, the blonde wore a pair of heeled leather boots. Luckily, Emmett replaced the jumper with a large light blue hoodie, but the matching jumper was underneath.

Sloane smiled as the two walked out arm in arm, they were taking the boy's vehicle today as they were all a bit tired. Well, correction Rosalie and Sloane were extra clingy today as both Jessica and Lauren were returning to school after their random hospital visit that had nothing to do with the two immortals.

The ride to school was peaceful until they noticed a silver Volvo in front of them, Rosalie let out a low groan and quickly connected her MP3 before blasting the pussycat dolls. Sloane laughed when the car in front of them swerved a bit before returning to normal. It was well known that Edward hated the music of the current times.

Sloane met Emmett's gaze in the mirror before the two started shouting the lyrics at the top of their voices while Rosalie and Jasper struggled to breathe as they were laughing loudly.

"Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha?
Don't cha?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?
Don't cha?
Don't cha?"

As they sang Emmett batted his eyelashes in a way that was strangely similar to Jessica's every time Mike was around. The group watched with huge smiles as the Volvo seemed to speed away from them. The song came to a stop and Sloane leaned against Jasper with a smug smirk. As the car pulled into the school parking lot Sloane noticed a girl staring at them with interest something about her curiosity made Sloane uneasy. It seemed Bella Swan would be a problem.