Chapter 10

Alice Cullen was frustrated whenever she tried to see into Sloane's future. She ended up in pain, often causing her to vomit blood, and now she could not find Jasper. Her annoyance rose. She had tried her best to keep Jasper from his true mate; how had Sloane gotten past her sight? After hearing the rumours of his powerful alter ego, she had wanted the man for herself. She needed a bodyguard and a boy toy, yet somehow, he had been able to resist her every time she tried.

Edward had even offered to help her, but nothing had worked. The vampire suddenly had a revelation that if Sloane was a demi-god, wouldn't she be a target of Kronos, according to the legends? She was about to bring the idea up to Edward when it vanished. What had she been considering telling Edward? Unknown to her, Nyx stood beside Hecate and Rhea, fuming that the little vampire had dared to summon Kronos. Unfortunately for the little vampire, the man would never hurt Sloane the girl was adored by many, even the monsters.

Her great-uncle often caused drama, so she would visit more; Zeus was wary of it and settled that it would be a supervised visit. All the vampires would accomplish was the anger of the gods and utter destruction. Phanes had luckily erased the thought from her mind and ensured that it would never occur to the four vampires anytime soon. The Primordial was furious, and Zeus, for once, was not on his throne. He was standing near his siblings with an expression of worry. Lord Phanes had never appeared in this throne room, so this was a surprise.

The man's eyes glowed, and the room shook; Nyx sighed and walked over to the man placing a calming hand on his shoulder. "Phanes, if she needs our help, she will ask if this is just a game to her or have you forgotten who she is?" The man sighed and nodded before turning to two gods who stood unaffected by his rage "Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase -Jackson, I ask that you keep an eye on these vampires while my daughter is on vacation. She does not deserve to be stressed right now" The two immortals nodded. Sloane was their favourite relative, so this did not bother them.

Apollo stared at the scene with golden eyes and smirked. It was scary as many forgot that Apollo already knew how this would turn out. The god tilted his head and spoke, "Sloane called you Gods earlier. Have you not told her of your true titles?" The two turned to the god and just smiled. "She said regardless of anything, you are both gods" The Olympians could not help but roll their eyes; Sloane would be the only one to ignore a title like that.

______

Sloane had changed into a thin long shirt and some shorts. The patio doors were wide open, allowing the cool breeze to fill the house. The other walked out in loose and more comfortable clothing. Rosalie sat down on the floor next to Sloane with a basket full of mangoes. The darker-skinned woman smirked and reached over and grabbed one.

"So, the first thing you should be aware of when you're hunting at night if you see a woman at the side of the road in a long dress, do not go close to her. Come back home immediately" The others look at each other in confusion before Emmett asks, "Why".

Sloane sighed and handed them a book. "Caribbean folklore is based on truth. The La Diablesse is a woman who has sold her soul for eternal beauty. Her poise, figure, and dress make her seem beautiful. However, a large, brimmed hat hides her hideous face, and her long dress hides the fact that one leg ends in a cow hoof. She walks with one foot on the road and her cow hoof in the grass at the side of the road. She smells distinctly of a mix of fine perfume and deadly decay."

Sloane turns the page to show an illustrated photo before glancing at Rosalie with a possessive look in her eyes. "She targets males by casting spells on her unsuspecting male victim, whom she leads into the forest. When in the forest, she disappears. The victim, confused, lost, and scared, runs around the forest until he falls into a ravine or river or gets eaten by a wild dog and dies. To break the spell of La Diablesse, one must turn their clothing inside out and walk home backwards, away from the area she was spotted in."

The two males now shivered before nodding in understanding while Sloane ran over the list of other folklores and creatures. Rosalie caught on to the stranger things. "How do the persons on this island have so many details?"

Sloane's eyes narrowed, and her skin took on a golden glow before she took a deep breath. "Most of the persons living in the Caribbean descended from a slave; these islands and area are rich in the blood, sweat and tears of the slaves and indentured labourers the islands were used to carry on old religions and traditions. The oral passing of stories and legends, alongside the untouched magic in the soil, made them real. As time passed on, they remained due to the need as most people are deeply involved in their country and beliefs, they often see the creatures that their ancestors unknowingly brought to life".

The vampires nodded as they slowly caught on the what the woman said. Sloane happily turned the page and looked up with glee. "Now let's talk about Papa Bois and Mama Glo; I should probably cover your Caribbean equivalent and the lagahoo as well."

The three vampires shared a worried glance before starting at the happy immortal and paying attention to her words.