Chapter 38

Narrator's POV

Suddenly, the lights turned off like a black out situation. The crowd gasped in surprise. Somin was startled as she staggered a step backwards. The prop that was behind her made her trip. Until a pair of hands pulled her upwards gently, pulling her closer to the owner's body. Jongkook smiled. "Are you okay?"

"Y...yeah," She stammered, feeling embarassed to be so close to him when the members were around. She pulled away and adjusted her posture. "What do you think happened?" She asked the members, who seemed too casual and calm in the black out. She frowned.

She looked at Haha. He was smiling softly. Kwangsoo. Trying hold back his smile. Seokjin. He was smiling too widely. Jaeseok. His protuding teeth was showing. Sechan. His wide smile showed his gums. Jihyo. Her shy grin. And...Jongkook.

The man was smiling with his eyes. All of a sudden, the members except for Jongkook stepped away. Somin's heart pounded crazily. She was scared, nervous and curious all at once. "What is going on?" Her voice cracked, scared that a prank was incoming.

All of a sudden, the lights turned back on. This time, it was a spotlight. Shining onto only Somin and Jongkook. Oh gosh, how dramatic that was to Jaeseok. But the man was happy for the both of them. Somin's eyes squinted, only seeing Jongkook as the light shone on them.

Jongkook stepped closer and pulled her closer to him by her shoulders. "Close your eyes," He whispered as Somin gulped. She obediently shut her eyes, still can't get the gist of the situation. "Alright, open them, Somin-ah," She opened her eyes and it wandered to the display on the stage wall.

The video showed her close friends first. What? "Congratulations." The only word that was replayed by many of her relatives, friends and Running Man members themselves. Congratulations for...what? An award? She hadn't gotten one yet. Birthday? Not the right word. The fanmeeting concert? Possible but it wasn't a big of a deal to her friends or family.

So what was going on? The last video showed her brother. Her beloved younger brother, WookMin. Somin smiled as she reminisced the moment when Wookmin and her cousin's nephew, DoSang waved at her in the busy crowd.

"Hello, noona. This is your brother, Wookmin. I know this might seem bizarre. Do you remember the time when I was reluctant to let you marry any men? Because they hurt you in so many ways? Well, I remember it. It sucks to see that and it hurts for me too. But now, it has changed. I'll let you go. To your boyfriend. To Jongkook hyung," Somin sensed a hint of sadness and hesitation in his voice.

Without realising, she teared up. She glanced at Jongkook, who was looking at her fondly. She grabbed the mic he was holding. She knew damn well it was still on so she spoke. "You jerk. How can you let go of your sister so easily?" She turned to the crowd and the lights were back on. Somin searched for her brother and there he was, waving at her excitedly while jumping up and down.

She laughed and sniffled. Then she realised. There was a crowd. Oh my god. She turned to Jongkook shyly. He chuckled at her reaction. "So, Somin-ah. Are you going to marry me or what?" His voice echoed to the mic, letting everyone hear it. Cheers and teasing were heard from the fans.

It was like a slow motion as both of them laughed together. The audience applauded and roared loudly. The members were watching and Jihyo had let out another tear. Haha was teary from the moment. Seeing his best friend finally getting married. The members clapped along.

"Alright, Kim Jongkook. I'll be your wife," Somin coolly agreed. "Great. Starting tomorrow?" He teased. She shrugged. "How about now?" She responded. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in. She didn't have time to stop him. She was already embarassed by the attention and the man was kissing her?

They exchanged a short kiss but it meant a thousand words. Somin's heart fluttered as she imagined being Jongkook's wife. Oh gosh no. Imagine? It's all a reality. And she couldn't have been more luckier. Jongkook's heart was fully contented. He knew that she was the one he wanted to be with forever.

Jongkook hugged her and Somin hid her face onto his chest, hugging his waist tightly. The members joined in, hugging one another in a group. "I love you," She whispered into his chest softly, knowing that he could hear it although the members were hugging them tightly and were cheering. His smile reached his eyes. "I love you too," He embraced her as if it was the last hug.

Both of them knew that nothing was holding them back anymore. No more jealousy, fights and misunderstandings. Maybe, there still will be but both of them loved each other and that was enough.