Chapter 27

Narrator's POV

After the short double date with Kwangsoo and Sunbin, Somin and Jongkook left to another place. It was already 2pm as the two couples kept on talking and wandering about on Dongmak Beach.

"Where do you want to go now?" Jongkook asked Somin, who was putting on lipgloss. "Well, I do have a place in mind," She said. "Sorae Ecology Park," She mentioned. "There? Wow, we'll be adventuring with nature today," He realised as that place is full of windmills and tall grass.

"There's nothing to do there. Why do you want to go to that place?" Jongkook asked out of curiousity as the car halted to the red light. "Just because. I'm feeling stuffy these days. It's a great idea that we went to the beach just now," She explained, looking outside of the window.

"Stuffy? Why?" He questioned. "Nothing much," She smiled to reassure Jongkook. He nodded hesitantly as he didn't want to be nosy.

As time passed by, they reached Sorae Ecology Park. It was an hour journey from the beach. Somin stepped out, taking in the view. The windmills was short and decorated like a house which seemed cute to her. The tall grass looked dry as it was summer.

There was no one there. It was a Tuesday, when almost everyone are working and schooling. Sorae Park is also a place where there's not much to do except for sightseeing. Jongkook followed her since she spotted a shelter as a shade.

Somin leaned onto the bench while Jongkook took a seat beside her. He scooted closer to her, wrapping his arm around her. She leaned onto him instead and rested her head on his shoulder.

Both of them stared at the dry tall grass swaying as the wind from the windmills blew their hair gently. "The thing you said before Kwangsoo appeared...do you remember?" Somin broke the silence. "Yeah," Jongkook mumbled. "Did you mean what you said?" She softly asked. "Yes," He leaned his head onto hers.

"I appreciate it," Her voice cracked. Jongkook lifted his head up and looked at her. "Somin?" He whispered her name. Somin looked at him with teary eyes. He was taken aback by the sudden tears. He panicked. "Did I say something wrong?" Jongkook carefully wiped her tears away and caressed her cheeks.

She shooked her head and laughed softly. "I'm sorry. I got emotional for awhile," Somin took Jongkook's hand and held it. "Why?" He asked out of concern as she seemed slightly tired. "It feels nice to have someone who truly adores me. Even nicer when they show me that they do. Its just...something to do with attention," She confessed, choking on her tears.

"I try my best to show that I don't need a partner to comfort me anymore but I guess I'm a sucker for romance. I'm not saying that I'll die without romance or can't live without a forever partner. I just-" She got cut off with Jongkook's sudden embrace. "It's okay. I understand. It happens. I feel the same too," He comforted her as she sobbed onto his chest.

"Were you stressed about this for the past few days? That's why you felt stuffy?" He asked while patting on her back gently. She nodded. She pulled away from his embrace and tried to get herself together. "It's scary,don't you think? To have someone suddenly finding you boring after years and months together?" She avoided eye contact and kept on sobbing. Somin hicupped as she asked him.

Jongkook tucked her hair behind her ear. He laughed. Somin looked at him with an annoyed gaze. "You look ugly," He teased her as he wiped her tears again. She swatted his hand away like a mosquito. "Can't you be serious for once, oppa?" She complained in an irritated tone.

He slowly took her hands and fiddled with it. "How can someone get bored of you? You are already talkative and you always try your best to entertain everyone so how could a person ever get bored?" He gazed into her eyes with such a heart-tugging look. It made her heart squeeze as his response was exactly like a warm smile.

Somin leaned in, claiming his lips as her own. Jongkook tasted her salty tears on her soft lips. He felt her hands squeezing his hands gently as they exchanged kisses. Somin caressed his jawline before pulling away.

She cupped his cheeks before giving a kiss on the forehead. A smile returned to her face, which made Jongkook glad. "Don't cry too much anymore, okay? It kinda breaks my heart," He jokingly stated. She giggled before nodding. "Alright, my comfort buddy," Somin replied and gave him a nickname too.

"Comfort buddy? Don't you have any better nicknames?" He scrunched his nose. "What do you mean? Isn't it better than 'baby', 'honey' or 'love'? Those are too much, I can't," She cringed as she said those words. Jongkook pouted. "But I like those better," He suddenly acted cute.

"Oppa!" Her smile turned into a laugh as she noticed him acting cute. Jongkook's eyes twinkled as she laughed out loud. He grinned widely, feeling warm and fuzzy. Her laughter subsided after awhile. "I'll just call you 'oppa', okay?" She gave a thumbs up and Jongkook nodded. "Okay," He ruffled her hair smoothly.

Jongkook stood up from the bench. "What?" Somin asked, confused. "I'll take a picture," He said. Somin nodded eagerly, posing naturally. He bent down to take the picture. He tried every angle, capturing her and the view together. Jongkook's lips twisted into a sweet smile.

After a few seconds, he was done taking the pictures and showed it to Somin. She smiled since he was good at taking pictures. She gave him a pat on the back as a thank-you. "Only a pat on the back?" He complained childishly. She beamed and gave a peck on both of his cheeks.

Jongkook smiled broadly and felt his heart pounding loudly at the situation. Somin then ran to the field full of tall grass. She turned around in circles as the wind blew her hair coolly. The smile never left his face. He stared at her fondly as she played around, beckoning him towards her.

He dramatically ran towards her and opened his arms. Somin quickly grasped the situation and giggled. She went in his embrace as he lifted her off the ground, twirling her around carefully before placing her down.

Their eyes met after they pulled away. "I don't think I can be more happier than this," Somin confessed. That made Jongkook grinned from ear to ear. "I guess that as long as I'm with you, my heart sings ever so loudly," Jongkook replied, suddenly embarrassed at his confession too.

Somin smiled, showing her gums. Her smile turned to another chuckle as Jongkook avoided her eyes as an act of embarrassment. She tilted his head to face him and cupped his cheeks, making him face her.

She pecked his lips continuously before running away, making him even more shy. His face was flushed red and was surprised at Somin's boldness once again. He turned behind, looking away from Somin to fan himself.

Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a person with a camera. His eyes widened before he took action. The man holding the camera swiftly ran away before getting caught by the muscly man. "Shit," Jongkook cursed under his breath before quietly moving towards Somin.