Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Edit: Hey guys! I just started to ship Jongkook and Somin so here I am, writing a story about them~ Enjoy :)

Narrator's POV

It was a casual day for the Running Man members to shoot another episode. It has been known that lovelines are always distributed between a female and male member.

Now that Jongkook and Jihyo are a loveline. Who is Somin partnered up with? It's Sechan. But what if there's a couple among those two lovelines? And the fact that they're not even a loveline together?

After many teasing and comments about each lovelines, there is an unexpected couple among those two lovelines that no one seems to have guessed. 

~~~

"What? This is crazy. I don't think I can do this with Jongkook oppa. Help me, Jihyo unnie," Somin complained to Jihyo as they rest for a break during the dance practice.

Somin laid her head on Jihyo's shoulder as she sighed. "It's okay. Nothing will go wrong. Jongkook oppa is strong," Jihyo reassured Somin as she pats Somin's head.

"It's not about Jongkook oppa's strength but I feel like we're not close enough to do that. I mean, why can't you do it with him? You guys are a loveline. I'm sure the fans would love it,"

Somin kept on complaining and explaining to Jihyo while the other members practiced.

Jihyo laughed. "Somin. I think by doing this, you and Jongkook oppa can also get closer. Isn't it good?" Jihyo asked.

Somin lifted her head off Jihyo's shoulder and pouts. "Aren't you jealous, unnie?" Jihyo laughed once again. "Are you crazy? He's like a brother to me and he works out too much. Not my style," She said in a casual tone.

"Now, let's get back to dancing before our Ms Lia Kim scolds us," Jihyo said and stood up.

After hours of practices, the Running Man members completed atleast 1/3 of the full dance. Everyone looked tired especially older members like Sukjin and Jaeseok.

Everyone finally got to go back home and rest for the next practice which is the next two days.

"My back is killing me," muttered Jongkook to himself. "Ah oppa, am I too heavy? I think I should lose weight. I feel bad," Somin, who overheard what Jongkook said, questioned Jongkook.

"No way, you weigh as light as a feather. I'm doing okay. It's just been a long time since I did real dancing," Jongkook explained while emphasising the "real".

"Oh really? It must be hard for you then," Somin continued.

"I guess I'm an old man now. Anyways, where are you going?" Jongkook asked Somin, who was walking to the same direction with him.

"You're going to the convenience store there, aren't you? I want to eat ramyeon," She explained. Jongkook nodded.

As they entered the store, they went separate ways and bought what they wanted.

As Somin poured the boiling water in her cup noodles, she saw Jongkook exit the store without saying goodbye to her.

"Did he just leave without saying goodbye?" Somin thought to herself and frowned. As she sat down on a stool and started mixing her noodles, she saw Jongkook's car parked infront of the convenience store.

"Oh? Is he back?"

Jongkook went out of the car and went in the store. "I thought you left?" Somin asked as Jongkook took a seat beside her.

"Without saying goodbye to you? I'm the national gentleman. Gotta keep you company," He bragged and crossed his arms.

The night was filled with their conversations and laughs as Somin's noodles slowly disappeared.

"Let me take you home," Jongkook offered as Somin agreed and got into his car.

After 5 minutes of peaceful silence, Jongkook broke the silence. "You're uncomfortable, aren't you? To be dancing with me,I mean."

He cleared his throat as he questioned. Somin glanced at him and then paid attention to the surroundings outside of the windows.

"If you think about it, we're not that close and to be physical with you is slightly weird," She softly said.

"To be physical with me? Haven't I hugged or high-fived you before?" He shoots out another question.

"Those are different. That's something you do casually. Dancing is something you should do knowingly and repeatedly, which is hard for me to cope," Somin tried to give a reasonable statement.

"But you wanted Kwangsoo or Sechan to try and carry you?"

"I'm comfortable with them. I thought they could replace you as my partner if they can carry me," She blurted out.

At the right time, the traffic light turned to red and the car halted to a stop.

"Then, let's practice alone so that it won't be too hard for you to cope," Jongkook looked at Somin's eyes as he ordered that.

"I guess so," Somin quickly looked away from his gaze and fiddled with her fingers.