4.4

"This too." February says, tossing me a t-shirt to fold and put into the suitcase. There is two other suitcases Michael gave us to use, so now all of her stuff should be able to go with her.

"Okay bossy pants." I say, catching the shirt with one hand in mid air, and folding it to fit into the suitcase.

We've sat here for the last hour or two, taking everything she owns and packing it up. Her mother is supposed to be gone until tomorrow night, but February doesn't want to take the risk of staying the night, which I can understand.

"Shut up and help me." She says over her shoulder. February tosses me another pair of pants, and quite roughly, smacking me in the face.

I jump up and wrap my arms around her tightly, smacking her bottom and tossing her over my shoulder.

"Hey, put me down!" She screeches, hitting my lower back in attempt to have me put her down.

"Say you're sorry." I say, dropping her a little and swinging her around, causing her to yell louder.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." She calls over my shoulder, and I drop her softly onto her bare bed. Her hair is coming out of her bun now and her sweatshirt is unzipped to reveal a neon pink sports bra.

"Hot," I smirk, grabbing her hips and laughing, resulting in a flustered February, quickly trying to pull the zipper up to cover her bare stomach.

"We gotta finish," She tells me a few minutes later, after sitting with her on my lap in silence, listening to each other's slow breaths.

"Okay." I begin to stand up but she stops me.

"Just one more minute." February whispers, pulling her lips to mine.

Its slow and soft, she smells of my cologne. I want to put my fingers in her hair, but it's tied up into a loose bun. I move my hands to her lower back, wrapping my thumbs around her soft curves. I draw circles with my right thumb, and she sighs against my lips.

"Now we can go." February whispers against my lips.

We finish packing, making small talk about whatever clothing or item she puts into the suitcase.

After about an hour, her entire room is almost bare, nightstand and dresser drawers open and empty, closet completely bare and floor almost empty, except for furniture and a few things February decided to leave for the girls.

I dragged all the suitcases to the second row of my truck, and made my way back to the house. There sat my girlfriend, and her two little sisters, crying on the floor of the living room, the faint sound of a disney movie playing behind me. I stepped off to the kitchen to grab a water and leave them in privacy.

"You're so good to her," He says quietly, walking from the bathroom door across from me.

"Thank you for giving her support and love. Before you she was depressed as hell and I'd never think to see her like this. She loves you, a lot. If you ever hurt her I don't know what she'll do. I don't want to force you to take her in but I don't know where else she can go. I'm going to be giving her about 500$ a month to help with any sort of expenses she has living with you, but I beg you to please help me and take her. This is her mothers house and I can't decide if she stays or not." I looked into his pleading eyes and pulled my bottom lip inbetween my teeth.

"If my mom says yes I can take her, but I don't know if she will." I sigh, " I want her to so badly, it hurts me to see her like this."

"I know, me too." Michael says, pulling me into an unexpected hug, patting my back and pulling away in seconds.

We both glance into the living room, the girls sitting in a circle, talking and laughing like everything was back to normal. And I wish it was, for February to have a good parents and a happy life, everyone loving her for the sunshine that she is. And I wish my life was as well, that my dad was by my side to meet February, to see me grow up and love me. But things aren't always what you want them to be, they usually never are.