1.4

My favorite class of the day rolls around, Home Economics. Not because we cook, because I sit next to February. I'm usually one of the last people into class, and she is usually the first. I lay my backpack out on the table and glance at her. She is texting someone, Quinn. I remember her name from my math class, who I see February walk with sometimes.

"Whats up with her?" I ask, and she finishes typing and presses send, shoving her phone in her pocket.

"Boy problems." She says and I laugh.

"With her?" I ask, and she points her finger into my chest.

"You want to know if we are talking about you!" She says, smiling.

"Yeah." I say awkwardly and she laughs again.

"Its about her boyfriend. I don't have any boy problems." She says and I nod. Is this her under handed way of saying she's not interested? She sees the doubt playing across my face and she smiles. "I am not saying 'I'm not interested in you'." I laugh awkwardly and smile. This makes her laugh, and I want to pull her close and kiss her, right there and then.

"Okay." I say, thats all. The table we sit at isnt packed like some of them, but February's chair is pushed up next to mine. Her leg is leaning against my leg, and I close my eyes, a light smile plays across my lips.

These are the times I want to pause my life and breathe it in, enjoy the little happiness I have, right now.

I am falling head over heels for February Ashford.